Page 63 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2021 LPGA season

dufferole is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Amy Olson 2021 LPGA season

Maybe she is too aggressive. Also, she has taken 32 putts in 15 holes.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    Maybe she is too aggressive. Also, she has taken 32 putts in 15 holes.
    I’ve got no idea dufferole. Can’t recall the last time I saw her in coverage even standing nearby somebody. I keep messing around with these various streaming sights and can’t remember where I’m at, but when I do finally find the LPGA coverage, no Amy. Maybe should try the National Geographic Channel to see if I can spot the Abominable Snowman instead. Wonder how his golf game is? Is he still hitting bombs?

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

True. She hasn't been on many recent telecasts.

Amy finished her round at 5 over par to sit at 1 over for the tourney. She took 38 putts and was 14 of 18 gir.

True. She hasn't been on many recent telecasts.
    If you aren’t in the top 10 it’s tough to get on the broadcast.

The LPGA still has always to go. I mean they can’t even get their streaming partner to go “over time” to broadcast the last two holes on a Friday afternoon. It’s the internet. There are no schedule conflicts.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Amy finished her round at 5 over par to sit at 1 over for the tourney. She took 38 putts and was 14 of 18 gir.
    That’s a rough one dufferole. Nice ball striking but no finish on the greens. Very nice GIR, but she is averaging about 32 PPR to the leaders 28, which is a 12 stroke handicap to them. Hopefully the putter she used today is swimming with the fishes at the bottom of Lake Geneva. If she hasn’t been playing aggressively, she should tomorrow, as she has almost no place to go but up from T62 in this one.

On a brighter note, we did have an Amy spotting on 18. Not playing, but fist bumping with the little Finlander nose guard Matilda. Appears that Minjee and Matilda sucked all the air off the mountain today and may not have been such a great pairing after all. I may have to rethink my pregame pairing previews after this one.

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/the...ip/leaderboard

GoAmy…GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 07-24-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post

The LPGA still has always to go. I mean they can’t even get their streaming partner to go “over time” to broadcast the last two holes on a Friday afternoon. It’s the internet. There are no schedule conflicts.
    Well said Audit!

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post

I absolutely agree. Her rounds have not merited being on TV. Unfortunately, I record the rounds with the hope of watching her.

Amy goes out at 0738 tomorrow with Celine Herbin of France and Madelene Sagstrom of Sweden.

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/the...nship/pairings

GoAmy…GoCeline…GoMadelene…GoBison!!!!

Knock down the pins and go for it whenever possible Amy! Fun day and nothing to lose!

I absolutely agree. Her rounds have not merited being on TV. Unfortunately, I record the rounds with the hope of watching her.
    Completely understandable dufferole. Nothing wrong with venting! So far in this new Commish’s reign, I can’t see any improvement or innovation in the product or presentation. In fact it seems a lot more disjointed and put together almost like an after thought and a “hey, let’s plug in a couple hours here” deal. Not sure if it is addressable or not, as money calls all the shots. Amy just is gonna have to play her way back to some coverage time in the meantime. Hate to say it, but in lieu of somebody like Amy competing, I wouldn’t watch the LPGA but very rarely. I don’t bother with the PGA now but in a blue moon. Champions Tour on occasion.
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 07-24-2021 at 06:05 PM.