Page 20 of 105 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Amy Olson 2021 LPGA season

Default Re: Amy Olson 2021 LPGA season

Top 3 so far from day one had 28, 24, and 26 putts respectively for Moriya, Austin, and Nelly. Amy had 34. She has to stop the damage in that phase as soon as possible.

I have noticed that there have been a lot of LPGA players who have broken out around year 6 to 10 on tour, going from few or no wins to bunches of them. Suzann Pettersen is a prime example of that, and once she started clicking she won a million plus year after year for many years after that initial slower start. Would love to see Amy fill Suzann’s shoes in that regard, as she is now retired from competition. Would also like to see Amy get a bit or even a lot more intense and confident when competing. Suzann had a reputation for that and for actually intimidating her opponents, and Amy needs more of that IMO also. I think winning at this level demands it. A fair amount more Tiger and Suzann, a bit of DeChambeau especially this off season, and even a pinch of Horschel....and BAM!

GoAmy...GoBison!!

https://youtu.be/fe0GfUUQrsI
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-23-2021 at 01:31 AM.

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I don't think you will get a fiery warrior out of Amy. I think she is in a lull in her year of golf.A new putter shows where she think she needs improvement . It's a long season and I hope she can recharge.

Quote Originally Posted by dufferole View Post
    I don't think you will get a fiery warrior out of Amy. I think she is in a lull in her year of golf.A new putter shows where she think she needs improvement . It's a long season and I hope she can recharge.
    You may be right dufferole. Especially that pinch of Horschel deal lol! And we all love her for the way she already plays and conducts herself, and if she never wins on the LPGA that won’t change. Maybe just a bit more mind over matter and visualization in a game that is all about those things though? Tiger expects to make 12 to 15 foot even 20 foot putts and is upset when he doesn’t. That little tap Amy gave to her wayward putter at Evian would have been scoffed at by most players well disciplined clubs!
    She showed a different level of intensity at the US Women’s while facing personal tragedy and doing all she could just to continue to compete. Perhaps she can channel some of that week to week. What is that movie where the player goes into an entirely different consciousness right before hitting each shot?
    On another note, if she is just getting her poor rounds out of the way early each week, that works for me.

GoAmy...GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-22-2021 at 06:10 AM.

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Round 2 pairings. Amy tees it up at 12:48 Pacific, and 2:48 Central. Hopefully she tears up the back side as she starts on #10, and we will get some coverage on her when the TV coverage starts.

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hug...-open/pairings

https://www.lpga.com/tournaments/hug...en/leaderboard
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-22-2021 at 01:30 PM.

Thanks dufferole, I needed that. An excellent, informed, common sense, and reasonable assessment!

She currently sits at 5 over at the turn with the cut at +1. It may be that subconsciously, she wants to be back on terra firma this weekend cheering on Grant and the Bison rather than in Nutzville.

GoAmy...GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-23-2021 at 01:50 AM.

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A little late as I went golfing sooo, Amy had another bad day shooting a 3 over 74 and finished 7 over, missing the cut by 5 strokes. Her greens in reg were way down, 12 of 18 and she took 32 putts.

A little late as I went golfing sooo, Amy had another bad day shooting a 3 over 74 and finished 7 over, missing the cut by 5 strokes. Her greens in reg were way down, 12 of 18 and she took 32 putts.

Thanks for the recap dufferole and hope you played well!

I’m thinking that Amy might greatly benefit from just a little bit of an injection of the Suzann Pettersen in the link here dufferole, a skosh if you will, i.e. just the amount of it needed to keep the “nice guys finish last” curse from rearing its ugly head, maybe 20 minutes or so per round of intense, no apologies, no deferrals, Amy first intensity!:
    https://youtu.be/HBS-2IzkXBw

Mix that with a whole bunch of the sweet, cool handed Amy we all love and admire rolled in with Inbee, Freddy Couples, and Steve Stricker will be perfect! We will see how the season progresses in any case like you correctly pointed out though!

Here’s to an outstanding and banner weekend for the Olsons and Andersons and the Bison, all three!!!

GoAmy...GoGrant...GoBison!!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-23-2021 at 06:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Thanks dufferole, I needed that. An excellent, informed, common sense, and reasonable assessment!

She currently sits at 5 over at the turn with the cut at +1. It may be that subconsciously, she wants to be back on terra firma this weekend cheering on Grant and the Bison rather than in Nutzville.

GoAmy...GoBison!!
    Hopefully if she misses the cut she’s on the next plane to Singapore.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Hopefully if she misses the cut she’s on the next plane to Singapore.
    I wouldn’t be surprised Audit. Her work ethic is very strong from all reports, as is her Midwest practicality quotient. Noticed that Lydia Ko also missed the cut, and in her case that was after winning last week in the Lotte by 7 strokes.

GoAmy...GoBison!!
    Last edited by MangyOldBison; 04-25-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised Audit. Her work ethic is very strong from all reports, as is her Midwest practicality quotient. Noticed that Lydia Ko also missed the cut by several strokes, and in her case that was after winning last week in the Lotte by 7 strokes.

GoAmy...GoBison!!
    Crossing 9 time zones the difference between 3 nights to adjust and 5 could be a big deal.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie