Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The changing business of Collegiate Athletics

Default Re: The changing business of Collegiate Athletics

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    So given your previous comment about finding places to spend imaginary excess do you suppose that if this proposal or something like it were to ever become law that these athletes would ever see any shared revenue beyond what they already receive?
    Yes. That’s the point. That’s why you use revenue sharing, not profit sharing. You’ve still got the issue of defining revenue but it’s a hell of a lot easier than trying to define profit for a non-profit organization.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Default Re: The changing business of Collegiate Athletics

Quote Originally Posted by gabisonfan View Post
    Whether it's Booker or anyone else, unless they are either a performer or someone paying the bill for the perfomer to appear it's not their affair. Just because someone says stick your nose in it , doesn't mean you should. If you are going to advocate change do it the level of the participants not a legislature looking for votes. If "minor leagues " are viable start a minor league.
    I’m not sure if it is one of the two articles I linked at the thread start or somewhere else but I read that the head of the NCAA (not gonna look up his name) has asked Congress for a legal framework within which then can do their thing. So, there’s another piece of the puzzle.
    Don't believe everything you think.