Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Post-Game Discussion: Kansas 65 - NDSU 61

Default Post-Game Discussion: Kansas 65 - NDSU 61

Almost.

-That game was a lot of fun...earlier this week Coach Richman talked about the better game against Creighton and the good practice his team had the next day and you saw that today. I know it sucks to lose this game and I know we can talk about the little things, but this team took a huge step forward from last weekend and that is what you want to see. Talked about it last week...lot of guys stepping into new roles and a lot of new faces...plus there is no point guard...things will take time for this team...especially when it is against teams from higher leagues (which all 4 teams have been). Now the key is to just grow from this and take another step forward next weekend.

-As stated, it will take guys time to grow into their new roles, but I thought we saw almost everyone take a step forward in that area. Eady looked a lot more comfortable on the offensive end today. All the young guys off the bench took a big step forward. Griesel is not a point and is having to play there, but he continues to give them a chance.

-Team only turned the ball over 3 times in the second half, which is why they were in it to the end. That is a big step for this team. Until Carter is back, the big key will be can they take care of the ball...if so, they give themselves a chance against anybody because they can rebound and defend and a high level.

-Speaking of PG, McKinney had a really solid day. Last weekend, he did not look like he would be able to contribute this year. Today he made some good plays on the offensive end, stuck his nose in to rebound and didn't turn the ball over.

-This was the first time they were outrebounded this year (43-32) but again thought they showed well on the boards (except for late in the game)...this team will be a rebounding machine in the Summit League.

-Also, against 4 pretty high level opponents, this team is giving up an average of less than 70 points a game...which is pretty good. This team can definitely defend and rebound...if they can take care of the ball, the offense will eventually come and then they will make some noise.

-All ready spoke of McKinney, but all the freshmen were solid today. Grant Nelson had some really good hoops on the offensive end and his defensive presence was felt. He really has a chance to be an impact player this year in the Summit.

-Late in the game, that's the look they wanted for Kreuser to take the late lead and have a chance for the win. He will make that more times than not...good for him and Griesel to have these opportunities late in the game...will prepare them for the conference year.

-Losing stinks, but also hard to get a gauge against the 4 teams they have had to play without a true point guard. But the last two games have both been steps in the right direction...team just needs to keep working and build off this...I am very encouraged about where this team can go if they don't lose heart and keep working.

Default Re: Post-Game Discussion: Kansas 65 - NDSU 61

Pretty damn impressive for a a young Bison team
    to be in a position to best the #7 ranked team in the country. I know we are not for moral victories, but I still think we have a lot to be proud of and build off of.
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

We got some big time building blocks. That was working until the dumb finish.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Silver lining, chapo can still bitch about Dave not having a signature win.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

Beating western Illinois who beat SDSU a few years ago in the summit tourney is quite the eye opener tho

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post

go read the thread .. i was as invested as i ever was. never left by couch. but yea, that sucks

lets the boys run

mckinney
    Sam
    Cook
    Rocky
    Nelson

I start that tandem and let em run!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    go read the thread .. i was as invested as i ever was. never left by couch. but yea, that sucks

lets the boys run

mckinney
    Sam
    Cook
    Rocky
    Nelson

I start that tandem and let em run!!!
    Cook needs to be the guy who is money for three.

Still don't see that group running up and down the floor though.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Cook needs to be the guy who is money for three.

Still don't see that group running up and down the floor though.
    Skunberg or die
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Skunberg or die
    did he even play 2nite?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Kreuser got a good look down low, had the guy isolated 1 on 1 probably falls 7 out of 10x.

If DC can score a bit we will have some nice pieces to make a run at the Summit. Sdsu is the fav but not overwhelming.