Page 92 of 103 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I’m glad that you (and apparently all others with their heads buried in the FCS-only sand) have finally moved your goalposts from “we don’t have a conference invite” to “we shouldn’t advocate for a conference invite”.

But I’m honestly curious, how did the move to FCS go? I mean, we were openly advocating for a Big Sky invite, right? I mean for YEARS. I remember my dad being damn near close to tears when he told me the Big Sky didn’t want us. That had to come from us campaigning right? The Gateway and Mid-Con were just a fallback plan?

We made the decision to move to D1 and then self-advocated for years, Or???
    Seriously? You really going to hang your hat on that? Please show me where I advocated for FCS only. Also, if you would please explain to me your second
    comment and how you came to that conclusion????

Since we know Ive never been an advocate for FCS ONLY I will again explain my position as I have many times. I support NDSU. When NDSU decides that a
    move to FBS is in the best interest of NDSU I will support that move. Until that time I will support our position in the FCS. All of my arguments have been about the logistics of the move. Not the move itself.
    Advocating for a conference???? Again as I have posted many times before-----Gene Taylor was quoted as saying when he talked to the MWC---that when they have their conversation about expansion He wanted NDSU in that conversation. Again as I have posted many times before---EVERYONE KNOWS who NDSU is in the college football world. All the athletic directors KNOW everyone else. They all talk with each other. EVERYONE KNOWS what NDSUs aspirations are.

So whats your thoughts on advocation???? Are you under the false impression that some how NDSU doesnt promote itself just because NDSU doesnt tell you it is doing so? I dont get it?

No goalpost moved. This has been my position from day 1.
    Last edited by 56BISON73; 01-18-2021 at 05:35 AM.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

How much money is needed?
    More full ride FB schollies. Every year. Then schollies and sports to come in to compliance with Title 9.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

How much money is needed?
    I give a financial comparison at ndsutofbs.com of NDSU vs the MWC . NDSU is right there.

With a little extra from boosters, institutionally, etc., I think they'd be on par with Nevada fairly quickly

This is true. No lies detected.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by tenbobnote View Post
    I give a comparison at ndsutofbs.com of NDSU vs the MWC . NDSU is right there.
    No lies detected.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by tenbobnote View Post
    I give a comparison at ndsutofbs.com of NDSU vs the MWC . NDSU is right there.

With a little extra from boosters, institutionally, etc., I think they'd be on par with Nevada fairly quickly
    Finally unmasked, welcome to the board! I think you’ll find everyone’s opinions on your site are super reasonable and not emotionally charged at all.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Finally unmasked, welcome to the board! I think you’ll find everyone’s opinions on your site are super reasonable and not emotionally charged at all.
    Ha, unmasked, huh?

Thanks!

I saw a little discussion about the site at some point but I couldn't comment because I wasn't approved yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don't know about being caught up in the moment. Most pro-FBS people have been clamoring for Larson to look at FBS since we beat Iowa half a decade ago. He's been nothing if not consistent in his opposition. So don't tell us that for all we know, he's exploring things behind the scenes. If we ever go FBS, it will be in spite of Larson and Bresciani, not because of them or their vision.
    THIS 1000%
    Larson is a east coast coattail rider
    Bresciani is 3-4 years away from Retirement

neither gives a f<ck

Quit being a north dakotan and aw shucks & "we can't put our name out there for fbs, what if no one takes us"

F it. Put NDSU out there, Make a Public Statement "NDSU wants to be FBS , We are NDSU, YOU should want us, Send the Invite!"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

mtoutfitter is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    THIS 1000%
    Larson is a east coast coattail rider
    Bresciani is 3-4 years away from Retirement

neither gives a f<ck

Quit being a north dakotan and aw shucks & "we can't put our name out there for fbs, what if no one takes us"

F it. Put NDSU out there, Make a Public Statement "NDSU wants to be FBS , We are NDSU, YOU should want us, Send the Invite!"
    Damn, I"m so sick of you running down everything North Dakota, especially the western part of the state! Why don't you go root for the Gophers or better yet crawl to the bottom of one of your vaunted 10,000 lakes and drown yourself!!
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Damn, I"m so sick of you running down everything North Dakota, especially the western part of the state! Why don't you go root for the Gophers or better yet crawl to the bottom of one of your vaunted 10,000 lakes and drown yourself!!
    is that a threat? classy i don't see 1 post where I go after you first, its ALWAYS you going after me, maybe you're the problem.

that is a truth though in what i said , the laid back nature of "aw shucks, we can't do anything" exists and its the reason why there are 9 govt colleges on the govt teat in north dakota
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?