Page 80 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    Actually, I could see NDSU having some brand benefit connected to continuing with the Fargo Dome. It could be billed as one of the smallest FBS stadiums, but also the one with the most ruckus. Duke's basketball arena holds 8-9K. Certainly nothing close to the larger arenas. Gonzaga's only holds 6K. But no one would say those venues lack energy or home court advantages.

Get the Fargodome to north of 20K for football and call it good.
    This is a great point. Increase ticket prices would be one way to increase revenue.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    if the 2-3 guys that stalk me would just shut up, it'd be much easier. wanna bring up my 1983 trip to the principals office too?
    funny i never take personal shots at them, but always at me.

NDSU should be FBS. period. keep the fargodome, i don't care, just saying NDSU would be better off with 100% control of ALL revenue on their own stadium
    The fact that you committed a felony is not a personal shot. It’s just a fact.

No the agreement NDSU has with the FargoDome was the greatest deal of the college’s history. They have an on campus stadium, contributed nothing to funding it (other than essentially donating the land) and pay nothing for upkeep. They have a free stadium to play in for essentially eternity.

Their cut of the revenue is more than equitable, especially after factoring in the lack of maintenance requirements being a financial burden on the university.

Then there is the whole issue of attendance late in the season for outdoor games although there would be fewer December games if we were FBS and maybe had a conference championship game the week after Thanksgiving.

Mrs. Hammerhead was OK with traveling to Montana State and Eastern Washington in 2010, but I don't think she would be as excited about freezing for a conference game.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    The fact that you committed a felony is not a personal shot. It’s just a fact.

No the agreement NDSU has with the FargoDome was the greatest deal of the college’s history. They have an on campus stadium, contributed nothing to funding it (other than essentially donating the land) and pay nothing for upkeep. They have a free stadium to play in for essentially eternity.

Their cut of the revenue is more than equitable, especially after factoring in the lack of maintenance requirements being a financial burden on the university.
    ok Fatty it was because of my case ND moved the $200 threshold for to $500 for getting drunk & running up someone elses bar tab. thanks to CAS. and expunged. maybe ill call him about a defamation inquiry on a lowlife like you hmmm. or a moderater could just delete all the personal bull..
    Last edited by El_Chapo; 12-30-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    ok Fatty it was because of my case ND moved the $200 threshold for to $500 thanks to CAS. and expunged. maybe ill call him about a defamation inquiry on a lowlife like you hmmm. or a moderater could just delete all the personal bull..
    Okay go ahead and call Mr. CAS haha.

Real question of the day isn’t about your legal past. It is about the fact that you constantly pump the FBS talk while simultaneously not being a team maker.

[REDACTED]

FIFY...

These are great points.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Okay go ahead and call Mr. CAS haha.

Real question of the day isn’t about your legal past. It is about the fact that you constantly pump the FBS talk while simultaneously not being a team maker.
    im a teammaker , im forced to be. only way pat simmers could get people to join.

and F your passive-aggressive BS. people like you, SR, Montbison following around and chirping me is getting sickening

Im out until next year
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Then there is the whole issue of attendance late in the season for outdoor games although there would be fewer December games if we were FBS and maybe had a conference championship game the week after Thanksgiving.

Mrs. Hammerhead was OK with traveling to Montana State and Eastern Washington in 2010, but I don't think she would be as excited about freezing for a conference game.
    FBS regular season wraps up one weekend after FCS. Worst case scenario every other year our last home game is thanksgiving weekend. If you can tailgate outside and NDSU students can wait outside for 3 hours during the regular season you can stay warm in a stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    FBS regular season wraps up one weekend after FCS. Worst case scenario every other year our last home game is thanksgiving weekend. If you can tailgate outside and NDSU students can wait outside for 3 hours during the regular season you can stay warm in a stadium.
    If you want to kill this program, one of the best ways to do it would be to build an outdoor stadium.

If you want to kill this program, one of the best ways to do it would be to build an outdoor stadium.
    I dont think it would kill anything, but it would lead to some godawful attendance on occasion. Might have 25K for a nice fall day, and have 10K tops the next week if shitty weather rolls in.

But...there is no outdoor stadium coming anytime soon so no worries. Fargodome for the foreseeable future.
    College of Business Alumnus