Page 40 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

https://www.mwcboard.com/index.php?/...ghts/#comments

https://ndsutofbs.com/

Interesting banter and a nice presentation by an NDSU fan, in case any one wants to check it out. Sorry if it has already been linked

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

Interesting banter and a nice presentation by an NDSU fan, in case any one wants to check it out. Sorry if it has already been linked
    oooh. can't wait to be in the....middle?
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post

My favorite part of this “presentation” is the person can’t even count. Lists top 5 reasons and instead of listing the 4th one they list two things at 3. Now that is big time

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    My favorite part of this “presentation” is the person can’t even count. Lists top 5 reasons and instead of listing the 4th one they list two things at 3. Now that is big time
    This is the "you forgot the apostrophe!" version of dismissing this argument. If you have some countervailing evidence that rebuts the information the guy shared, than do it. But pointing out a typo doesn't do anything to refute the information he presented.

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    oooh. can't wait to be in the....middle?
    Imagine believing that athletic department revenue is the only goal of going FBS. Anyone with an active braincell knows that the information presented is to show that its not crazy to say "we belong" in MWC. The entire point is that its not insane at all, in fact, RIGHT now, our data suggests we belong in the MWC more so than alot of their current conference members, in almost every way.

The argument I've heard countless times here is that we would be last revenue, or the lowest attendance, or not enough donations etc. when the data shows that its not true whatsoever.
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This is the "you forgot the apostrophe!" version of dismissing this argument. If you have some countervailing evidence that rebuts the information the guy shared, than do it. But pointing out a typo doesn't do anything to refute the information he presented.

Imagine believing that athletic department revenue is the only goal of going FBS. Anyone with an active braincell knows that the information presented is to show that its not crazy to say "we belong" in MWC. The entire point is that its not insane at all, in fact, RIGHT now, our data suggests we belong in the MWC more so than alot of their current conference members, in almost every way.

The argument I've heard countless times here is that we would be last revenue, or the lowest attendance, or not enough donations etc. when the data shows that its not true whatsoever.
    I think his point is more about the presentation looking good and professional, but I agree with the rest of your post.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    Yep. The excitement is down and the streak is so long for the same reason, and paradoxically our success on the streak actually at this point serves to delegitimize the streak itself because it proves how non-competitive FCS has gotten.

It's over. We can't go back to 2012 or 2013 again no matter how much we wish we could. So it's a false claim to say that if we struggle in MWC or MAC it wasn't worth it, because that assumes we gave up something that isn't there anymore anyway. The glory days, I'm afraid to say, are already over. At this point we can go look for more or keep trying to chase ghosts. For me, I'd rather go see what I can do with the big boys than keep slapping around a weaker by-the-day pool of little guys.
    I do agree to an extent. But I will disagree, I think FBS is only good move if we can be competitive on the field (I think we would be). If we are perpetually , 5-6, 6-5, 7-4 in the FBS I would say it was probably a mistake :/
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    We could lose the next 2 titles and virtually every school in FCS would be in our shadow.
    Look at the way people still talk about Montana, 2 titles and 7 appearances, couple semi's. People still treat them as an elite program even as their university collapses and they haven't been relevant in a decade+.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

NDSU is TOP 3 Mountain West year in and year out. Period.

NDSU and Boise State would for a HUGE rivalry

NDSU and Colorado State/Wyoming will have a good rivalry

Hell yea, it'd be fun

Road weekends' travelling to Vegas, San Diego ?
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I plead the SHAGGY "It Wasn't Me!"
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU is TOP 3 Mountain West year in and year out. Period.

NDSU and Boise State would for a HUGE rivalry

NDSU and Colorado State/Wyoming will have a good rivalry

Hell yea, it'd be fun

Road weekends' travelling to Vegas, San Diego ?
    ...discovered by the Germans, in 1904, they named it "Sen Diahhhgo…" which, of course, in German, means "a whale's vagina."
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery