Page 3 of 103 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Bullshit.....
    If the school wanted to go FBS, they would say so. I wish they would, as I want them to be FBS.

That being said, NDSU acting desperate for an invite will never result in us getting one. It’s like the crazy stalker trying to punch above their weight with some girl they have no business pursuing. That’s a UND move...

Coaches want FBS bad

Matt doesn't cuz he doesn't want to blemish his record
    Dean doesn't cuz he is retiring.

NDSU deserves to be FBS. that's all there is to it! bison fatigue is here, time to SOLICIT and go after a Mountain West or AAC invite. Period. End of Story (Because they HAVENT EVEN PICKED UP THE PHONE)
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Yes- thought about it and yes is the answer now. Wasnt 2 years ago. It is now
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    If the school wanted to go FBS, they would say so. I wish they would, as I want them to be FBS.

That being said, NDSU acting desperate for an invite will never result in us getting one. It’s like the crazy stalker trying to punch above their weight with some girl they have no business pursuing. That’s a UND move...
    What? Lol do you really think that average teams in MAC, AAC, and MWC are "punching above NDSU's weight"?
    Thats a joke right?

FBS may or may not be a good decision but pretending that the MAC, or MWC are just lightyears ahead of NDSU in any meaningful way is a fantasy
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Coastal Carolina #18 ranked is gettin Gameday and NOW PLAYING #13 BYU cuz liberty had to back out

wow NDSU fans would be in a frenzy if that was us. that trumps 8 Frisco trips
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Coastal Carolina #18 ranked is gettin Gameday and NOW PLAYING #13 BYU cuz liberty had to back out

wow NDSU fans would be in a frenzy if that was us. that trumps 8 Frisco trips
    No it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    What? Lol do you really think that average teams in MAC, AAC, and MWC are "punching above NDSU's weight"?
    Thats a joke right?

FBS may or may not be a good decision but pretending that the MAC, or MWC are just lightyears ahead of NDSU in any meaningful way is a fantasy
    You do understand there are more things in play than the quality of the school’s football team right?

I don't think being public about a desire to go FBS has to come across as desperate or needy or begging. Just let the sports world know that we'd like to go FBS. We say, "FBS won't schedule us, FCS is generally underperforming, and we'd like to be FBS." That would put to bed all the external critics that say to NDSU, "if you want to play FBS teams or think you're as good as them day in and day out, then you need to make the jump." Fine. We'd like to make the jump. Then you start seeing some interest in the prospect of it all at the general sports fan level. It gets some play on ESPN. Commentators start asking when is someone going to invite this very worthy team that wants to compete, but against whom no one is willing to compete. The idea gets momentum. Informal conversations take place, followed by discrete airport meetings, and bingo...we're in the Mountain West. This is precisely how it would unfold if NDSU leadership, first, decided that they want to go FBS, and second, would publicly say so.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

You do understand there are more things in play than the quality of the school’s football team right?
    It has always been extremely obvious he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don't think being public about a desire to go FBS has to come across as desperate or needy or begging. Just let the sports world know that we'd like to go FBS. We say, "FBS won't schedule us, FCS is generally underperforming, and we'd like to be FBS." That would put to bed all the external critics that say to NDSU, "if you want to play FBS teams or think you're as good as them day in and day out, then you need to make the jump." Fine. We'd like to make the jump. Then you start seeing some interest in the prospect of it all at the general sports fan level. It gets some play on ESPN. Commentators start asking when is someone going to invite this very worthy team that wants to compete, but against whom no one is willing to compete. The idea gets momentum. Informal conversations take place, followed by discrete airport meetings, and bingo...we're in the Mountain West. This is precisely how it would unfold if NDSU leadership, first, decided that they want to go FBS, and second, would publicly say so.
    You left out one thing ... the bullet train.