Page 101 of 103 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1030

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    The average flight to a MWC game and a mac game would be about 30mins more on average than our current flights. this is a complete non issue.
    The geography problem is UND’s, where they have to fly through Hector for many sports haha shhhhh don’t tell them

lol what? FCS powerhouse- most dominant run in college football history, who hosts college gameday routinely, and who puts more draft picks in the NFL than over half of P5 programs, jumps up to the "big boys" - and now theyre LESS interested in our story?

By that logic, we should move DOWN, imagine how much more interesting our story would be if we were NAIA!!!11!!!1!

There is no universe in which NDSU is not a more compelling STORY than 95% of G5. In fact, you can prove me wrong; Which MAC, CUSA, or MWC team has a more compelling story than NDSU that isnt named Boise state?
    None of them have compelling storylines and Boise hasn't been cool since like 2010
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    The geography problem is UND’s, where they have to fly through Hector for many sports haha shhhhh don’t tell them
    And from my memory the biggest problems for UND and the Big Sky were the travel costs of all the other sports. This scenario is football only. Also the other issue we heard about with UND in the Big Sky was trying to catch games that started at 9:00pm central and finish after midnight. Wouldn't have that issue with the ACC

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    None of them have compelling storylines and Boise hasn't been cool since like 2010
    I've heard/seen a hundred times more mentions of NDSU from a national perspective than I have heard Boise St mentioned in the last 5-6 years simply with Carson and Lance alone.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Two years ago we had to listen to the UND softball coach call into a radio show while we were waiting to board at Hector and then hear the team cheer to end the call.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    This is an excellent question that I have often pondered myself. At this point I assume they could be persuaded. It would be foolish of the program to openly start talking about FBS if they weren't confident about being given the green light.

One would have to question the motive of the SBOHE in NOT approving such a move, assuming NDSU had all their ducks lined up (which they surely would), and that becomes a pretty unflattering look for them pretty quickly.

The impression I have as an outsider is that the shear magnitude of the accomplishments achieved by NDSU FB over the last decade (never mind before that) is somewhat lost on a fraction of the state, probably because they hate it.

Has an unflattering look ever dissuaded them before? And as easily as they could persuaded to allow NDSU to move up, couldn’t they just as easily be persuaded to not let them move up?

lol what? FCS powerhouse- most dominant run in college football history, who hosts college gameday routinely, and who puts more draft picks in the NFL than over half of P5 programs, jumps up to the "big boys" - and now theyre LESS interested in our story?

By that logic, we should move DOWN, imagine how much more interesting our story would be if we were NAIA!!!11!!!1!

There is no universe in which NDSU is not a more compelling STORY than 95% of G5. In fact, you can prove me wrong; Which MAC, CUSA, or MWC team has a more compelling story than NDSU that isnt named Boise state?
    This is my point.... There are no MAC, CUSA or MWC that has a compelling story. Why would I suddenly expect NDSU to buck that trend? If FCS NDSU beats Minnesota it leads on ESPN. If FBS NDSU beats Minnesota, nobody cares...

Or look at it this way... Carson Wentz gets drafted NDSU plastered everywhere! Josh Allen gets drafted, does anybody mention Wyoming?
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    This is my point.... There are no MAC, CUSA or MWC that has a compelling story. Why would I suddenly expect NDSU to buck that trend? If FCS NDSU beats Minnesota it leads on ESPN. If FBS NDSU beats Minnesota, nobody cares...

Or look at it this way... Carson Wentz gets drafted NDSU plastered everywhere! Josh Allen gets drafted, does anybody mention Wyoming?
    That's funny because I do feel like I heard a ton about Allen and Wyoming leading up to that draft.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Has an unflattering look ever dissuaded them before? And as easily as they could persuaded to allow NDSU to move up, couldn’t they just as easily be persuaded to not let them move up?
    I share your concern, but things are different now. Budgets and demographics have shifted over the last decade, and I think the state powers fully understand now that NDSU and UND have to fill distinct niches. Redundancy is a waste of money and resources.

People can point to the Montana schools as “bound at the hip” but that’s a different story entirely. NDSU moved up alone, much to the ridicule of UND, and has simply blown the standard out of the water. Despite efforts by some to cast the two programs in the same light, they are literally worlds apart in terms of accomplishments.

At the same time, ND needs to work on its national image and stature, and whether some will admit it or not, NDSU FB has done incredible things for the recognition of ND.

If NDSU has an invite, the resources, and the desire, I don't think there is any way the SBOHE could stop them.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    If FCS NDSU beats Minnesota it leads on ESPN
    An FCS NDSU will never play Minnesota again. You can bank on that