Page 76 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

You think three top 25 FBS teams would schedule NDSU when they could get an easier W with 90% of the G5 teams?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    for sure this!!

and my point about illinois, ucla, arizona, minnesota not EVER getting a NATL title shot is............ people say "NDSU wont get into CFP if they move up" well these schools DONT either!!!

Play 3 ranked power 5 teams in non conference, go 3-0 and go 9-0 in mountain west and you'd get a CFP look and a new years days bowl for sure.
    It's OK to not be OK.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Now that most of Bisonville have seen the light and support the move to FBS how long will it take for NDSU to actively and seriously pursue this?
    Unfortunately, too long. I’d hope within the next 3-5 years. I’d love earlier but highly doubt that will happen if ever.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    You think three top 25 FBS teams would schedule NDSU when they could get an easier W with 90% of the G5 teams?
    Well it was an odd year but when you have schools like Iowa St, Indiana, Colorado and Coastal Carolina all ranked this year there really is no way of knowing who will be a quality opponent till the year you play them. Obviously teams like Alabama and Ohio St are kind of a given now a days.

Just gotta win baby.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    Now that most of Bisonville have seen the light and support the move to FBS how long will it take for NDSU to actively and seriously pursue this?
    I dont understand where you got the impression that a majority of the people on BV were opposed to FBS? May be you conflated the fact that many had factual concerns on the logistics of such a move with them not being in approval????

Logistics have always been the major hurdle and still is.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    One of my favorite fan theories is that the other schools aren’t willing to invest the resources to unseat NDSU because it would take away their excuse of not being competitive every year.
    Even though you mught not understand why they do it or respect it, doesn't make the fact that it'll happen any less likely. They'll just be doing what is right for their institution. We saw it in the early 90's at D2.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Aka it was easier for golfers to tell their sponsors why they’ve never won a major when Tiger was winning all of them.
    Not even remotely a comparable situation. Doesn't help the conversation.
    Last edited by OrygunBison; 12-28-2020 at 05:44 AM.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Even though you mught not understand why they do it or respect it, doesn't make the fact that it'll happen any less likely. They'll just be doing what is right for their institution. We saw it in the early 90's at D2.

Not even remotely a comparable situation. Doesn't help the conversation.
    Also, I don’t think golfers were giving sponsors the excuse, “please sign me, Tiger’s winning everything, but I’m good, too, I promise...”

Also, he wasn’t winning everything... he wasn’t even winning close to half of the majors during the 2000s when he was winning most of them (12 out of 40 = 30%)*...

Anyway, I digress. Carry on...

*That is an absolutely insane number, easily the best decade of golf ever (Jack had 7 in the 60s and 8 in 70s and didn’t battle injury like Tiger)...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont understand where you got the impression that a majority of the people on BV were opposed to FBS? May be you conflated the fact that many had factual concerns on the logistics of such a move with them not being in approval????

This!!

Selfishly I would love to see NDSU in FBS. Sadly though my parents instilled common sense and basic understanding of logic in me and I see all the hurdles that prevent NDSU from making the move.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    This!!

Selfishly I would love to see NDSU in FBS. Sadly though my parents instilled common sense and basic understanding of logic in me and I see all the hurdles that prevent NDSU from making the move.
    soo Fetal Position got it
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post

Were these hurdles not present for all of the other schools have recently made the jump? To torture your metaphor, hurdles are meant to be lept over they aren't meant to be a stop sign.

This!!

Did your parents also teach you how to be a dick, or did you pick that up on your own?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery