Page 38 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    Humber and schommer were juniors in 2007. Tyler Jangular was a stud as well. Walker was a very good college QB. Yes there were weaknesses on that team but u have to remember that the only thing that team had a chance to play for was pride. Sometimes even our great teams had some poor regular season games cause it is a grind on the mental side and they always stepped it up in the playoffs.
    2006 had 2 FBS games though, Ball State and Minnesota and they finished just as strong as they started.

2007 had Central Michigan and Minnesota. They seemed to have peaked a few weeks after the Gopher win when they destroyed Illinois State. Had the miracle win vs Cal Poly and then lost to the Bunnies. I was at the Bunnies game and no way they weren't fired up. The atmosphere was awesome. A win would have given them the conference championship and possibly the #1 ranking in the nation. I'll say this... the 2007 team didn't have the depth to win a national championship but would have made a run

2008 they had motivation. Playoff eligible. FBS game vs Wyoming. The team was just not as good or deep, especially at QB. Coaching sucked too. We were a revolving door of coaches. Although on paper, we were talented

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    I'd just rather not be associated with the FCS anymore. The bottom of the MAC and CUSA and some of the Indy schools are bad enough. But those are the teams I could tolerate. There are about 10 good (I use that word loosely) FCS teams while the rest are pretty crap. I consider the bottom of the MAC and CUSA to be about par with the top 25-11 of FCS.
    Yep. I agree with that. The top 5 teams in FCS would kick ass in any G5 conference.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    Yep. I agree with that. The top 5 teams in FCS would kick ass in any G5 conference.
    When you say kick ass, are you talking like 8 championships in 9 years or 1 championship in 9 years?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    When you say kick ass, are you talking like 8 championships in 9 years or 1 championship in 9 years?
    Looking forward to the next time we meet and pound your smelly Bison ass into the turf. I came here in peace and this is what I get. No surprise.

Also, if you are clueless enough to believe that JMU has a single championship (the same year we stomped your smelly Bison ass into the turf at the Fargodump), please check your history to see who won the FCS championship the year you entered FCS.

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Looking forward to the next time we meet and pound your smelly Bison ass into the turf. I came here in peace and this is what I get. No surprise.
    First of all, that won’t happen. Second, just have a little thicker skin. I’ve seen Bison fans treated the same way for less on your board so it’s to be expected. Third of all, I agree with you agreeing with me so there’s that.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by 23Bison View Post
    First of all, that won’t happen. Second, just have a little thicker skin. I’ve seen Bison fans treated the same way for less on your board so it’s to be expected. Third of all, I agree with you agreeing with me so there’s that.
    My skin is pretty damned thick. I am not the most popular poster on JMU's sports message board.

And, I agree to agree to agree. Looking forward to hoisting many beers with smelly Bisons in Frisco.

I also would love to see JMU and NDSU in the MAC. It would elevate the conference big time. And, we would kick your asses so bad you would be begging the Mo Valley to let you back in.

Also, if you are clueless enough to believe that JMU has a single championship (the same year we stomped your smelly Bison ass into the turf at the Fargodump), please check your history to see who won the FCS championship the year you entered FCS.
    Never mind him. I think it's great you're so passionate about your program competing to be recognized as one of the few that should be recognized as second best in the FCS. I for one think your team has earned to be in that consideration.

I reckon so. Until we meet again.

Meh I meant it in all good fun, if you looked harder you’d realize you’ve been getting this type of response to your posts.

But if you’re going to go, then go ahead leave man. No one’s holding you here against your will

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    If we continue our currently path, it will be a slow death even if we win 19 straight national championships.
    Yep. The excitement is down and the streak is so long for the same reason, and paradoxically our success on the streak actually at this point serves to delegitimize the streak itself because it proves how non-competitive FCS has gotten.

It's over. We can't go back to 2012 or 2013 again no matter how much we wish we could. So it's a false claim to say that if we struggle in MWC or MAC it wasn't worth it, because that assumes we gave up something that isn't there anymore anyway. The glory days, I'm afraid to say, are already over. At this point we can go look for more or keep trying to chase ghosts. For me, I'd rather go see what I can do with the big boys than keep slapping around a weaker by-the-day pool of little guys.