Page 30 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Boise St is likely going to get a serious consideration for the PAC 12 during the next round of expansion talks so the Mountain West may very well look to something a bit different with future members.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Boise St is likely going to get a serious consideration for the PAC 12 during the next round of expansion talks so the Mountain West may very well look to something a bit different with future members.
    Boise State has horrible academics... can't see them getting in the PAC12 with Stanford, USC, and UCLA (P5 membership is more than performance on the football field)

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Boise State has horrible academics... can't see them getting in the PAC12 with Stanford, USC, and UCLA (P5 membership is more than performance on the football field)
    I think Nebraska getting in to the big ten despite not being an AAU school was the first hole in that damn. May just be that Boise isn't a big enough school or media market though.

Quote Originally Posted by mnriverbison View Post
    I think Nebraska getting in to the big ten despite not being an AAU school was the first hole in that damn. May just be that Boise isn't a big enough school or media market though.
    I think Nebraska may have been AAU at the time or had recently lost it based on how agricultural research was characterized. I dont remember the specifics, there was something kinda goofy though I think.

Also, I think regardless of status, Nebraska is significantly less of an academic outlier with the B1G than Boise State is with the PAC.

Boise is rated somewhere between the 300th and 400th best school in the country. Lower than all of the Dakota schools. I dont think they'll be going anywher3.
    College of Business Alumnus

I could see Boise going to the Big 12 but the PAC has way too much snobbery and BSU doesn't have the media market to overcome it.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I think Nebraska may have been AAU at the time or had recently lost it based on how agricultural research was characterized. I dont remember the specifics, there was something kinda goofy though I think.

Also, I think regardless of status, Nebraska is significantly less of an academic outlier with the B1G than Boise State is with the PAC.

Boise is rated somewhere between the 300th and 400th best school in the country. Lower than all of the Dakota schools. I dont think they'll be going anywher3.
    Nebraska was ejected from the AAU after the Big Ten invited them to join and just before they officially became members.

June 2010 - Big Ten invite
    April 2011 - AAU ejection
    July 2011 - official Big Ten start date

The two primary reasons Nebraska got ejected were because their med school is not located with their main campus(Omaha vs Lincoln) and that too much of their research funding was ag. The AAU doesn't consider federal ag research funding to be as competitive as other research grants, so it's not valued as highly.

Boise geographically makes perfect sense in the Pac12 But I really dont think that will happen- not really a peer institution academically. They also could work with Big12 but I think Big12 has already decided NOT to add them after the circus they put everyone through last time around.
    However I think boise going to the AAC is a legitimate possibility and even going independent . BYU is making it work and they're geographically in the same situation and are similar football programs. I think Boise is likely gone, almost no mamtter what, even if a conference isnt available.
    Not having boise in MWC makes it less attractive for NDSU if they could ever join it. However, I'd guess theyd have some sort of scheduling alliance with the MWC, similar to notre dame and the ACC
    1. The FCS was the Best option for NDSU for a very long time.
    2. As a general rule- the FCS sucks at football and has proven that is not committed to football at all.
    3. It's time to go FBS

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    Boise geographically makes perfect sense in the Pac12 But I really dont think that will happen- not really a peer institution academically. They also could work with Big12 but I think Big12 has already decided NOT to add them after the circus they put everyone through last time around.
    However I think boise going to the AAC is a legitimate possibility and even going independent . BYU is making it work and they're geographically in the same situation and are similar football programs. I think Boise is likely gone, almost no mamtter what, even if a conference isnt available.
    Not having boise in MWC makes it less attractive for NDSU if they could ever join it. However, I'd guess theyd have some sort of scheduling alliance with the MWC, similar to notre dame and the ACC
    I still think the MWC is a bad fit.

We all saw how it worked out for UND operating within the Big Sky.

NDSU, recruiting in the Midwest, only makes sense for one conference. The MAC.

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

Are MAC schools that much closer than the MWC schools (I mean, not including Hawaii)? I'd be curious to see average miles away each school is.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

UND is a hockey school not the same to even compare

NDSU is the Mountain West. Rugged, Tough and like Universities like Colorado State, Wyoming Land Grant schools.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?