Page 15 of 103 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Wisconsin is out of the running for the playoffs, Ohio State might be too. With North Dakota being a hotspot, you think that the Bison would have gotten through the season without missing games due to COVID?

FBS is limping along with half a season. It's the only reason Coastal and Liberty are showing out.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by Bison 4 Life View Post
    Wisconsin is out of the running for the playoffs, Ohio State might be too. With North Dakota being a hotspot, you think that the Bison would have gotten through the season without missing games due to COVID?

FBS is limping along with half a season. It's the only reason Coastal and Liberty are showing out.
    Hard to tell one way or the other. I suppose some of it is luck and some is procedure, some schools have been able to play their games with limited problems, conveniently, the high end programs outside of THE Ohio State have played enough games to separate themselves.

Looking like a lot depends on the ACC title game. If Clemson wins big, that may take ND out. If Clemson wins close ND stays in. If ND wins period Clemson is out.

This all assumes Alabama beats Florida. I wonder what the committee does if Florida and Clemson win close games.

1. Clemson?
    2. Bama?
    3. ND?
    4. Florida?

Or do they flip FL and AL around then?

Committee has a tough job.

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Ive never gotten that impression at all. I think you picked up that false narrative from some of those here who speak about things they know nothing about. They have never been aw shucks about anything.

A while back I was given a tour of the coaching offices. When we got to this very large expansive office which happened to be empty I was told that that office will be for the head coach when we move up. Does that sound like attitude of ah shucks and no vision?

But we have bigger fish to fry in the next couple of years after this year with lower revenue because of covid and losing donations.
    Damn thats pretty cool. Actions speak louder than words. Hopefully it comes to fruition.
    College of Business Alumnus

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

No sure “bigger fish to fry” comment makes sense though. As in missing the forest for the trees.

reformedUNDfan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cincinatti should be in if they win out IMO. AAC isn't really a power conference but it really isn't a G5 program either. I would estimate that it has 6 of the top ten programs outside the power conferences. Maybe four programs that could plausibly win a title. They don't have any great wins but they have a bunch of good wins and they look the part.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    Youngstown is the Grand Forks of Ohio.

abc123 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

A while back I was given a tour of the coaching offices. When we got to this very large expansive office which happened to be empty I was told that that office will be for the head coach when we move up. Does that sound like attitude of ah shucks and no vision?
    So NDSU has a big empty room just sitting there not being used, in the middle of their football space, waiting for a coach that may or may not show up in the next 10-20 years? Interesting strategy in a facility that is nearing 30 years old.

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    So NDSU has a big empty room just sitting there not being used, in the middle of their football space, waiting for a coach that may or may not show up in the next 10-20 years? Interesting strategy in a facility that is nearing 30 years old.
    I'll bet that empty room is the trophy room.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Overflow for the trophy case. Good planning actually.

hes right. so dumb. move up or move out Matt Larson!! we are being laughed at on every message board I see of FBS teams that we WONT move up
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    hes right. so dumb. move up or move out Matt Larson!! we are being laughed at on every message board I see of FBS teams that we WONT move up
    We are being laughed at???? Doubtful. You being laughed at? More than likely.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

We are being laughed at???? Doubtful. You being laughed at? More than likely.
    I cant imagine many FBS message boards spend any significant amount of time thinking about FCS, much less taking the time to point and laugh at a specific member.

Anyone here spend much time thinking about D2 or D3 football?
    College of Business Alumnus