Page 49 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Even if we could sell 40,000 to an outdoor stadium, it would be unusable 9 months out of the year. We would have to pay to maintain it year round and lose a ton of money. The Fargodome is going to lose 2 million this year because of lack of events and thats after laying off employees

Its just too cold here. Out of state recruits would never come here after spending 3 hours in subzero weather. Casual fans would avoid late season games like the plague. Have you seen SDSU attendance late in the season?

Early season its between 10-19k
    They drew 4,100 vs UNI who was ranked #6 in the playoffs. 3 weeks earlier they drew 7,100 in mid November

What we need to be successful is big donor luxury or club seats or suites. Those could generate as much or more money as am extra 5-7k regular seats

The west side addition making club seating up top could solve that. Converting press boxes to suites. Gondolas have been mentioned being suspended from the ceiling like they did in little caesars arena in Detroit

The dome eventually wants added convention space. That is when we can do it. It will benefit the dome and NDSU
    I agree we need to build a new stadium or somehow expand the dome, build a nicer press box, and add suites. I thought the plan was to expand the west side with suites at top and then fill in the north press box area and mid level suite areas with seats.....that could add 1000 to capacity. Too bad they didn't get that started before COVID and could have made hay during the downtime. As for the SDSU fans not attending games......its not just the weather. Their fans are more into basketball and will never get into football like Bison fans. And yes, even the Bison don't have enough hearty fans to fill a current dome sized stadium or bigger stadium in November........then again if hosting the MWC championship against Boise State.......maybe?

Mountain West Championship game is on now, its been a close game between Boise and San Jose St. San Jose St was garbage just 2 years ago, so to say NDSU wouldn't be top 2 is hilarious.

it'd be NDSU and Boise State every year.

I'd love to travel to a Mountain West Title game and then to a Bowl game. 2 trips > 1 brown grass frisco on a soccer field
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Haha well if they did send me I sure as hell wouldn’t use the worthless points from that link.
    Also correct

Does NDSU brag about its Architecture & Engineering departments?? have them build/design the dam 40,000 stadium. Yes NDSU could fill that thing, open the beer taps, liquor in the suites and 2 bars in the stadium (1 of which that's open year round on the 50 yard line.... it'd be awesome!)

LED's and bumping music around the whole thing, Fireworks from Generous Jerry's lining the upper rim of the Stadium.

This won't be a WYoming or Hoople ND stadium. LETS GOOO!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Right now watching San Jose State play Boise State for Mountain West Championship at San Jose States stadium. After latest renovations to put seats in former large grass area their capacity is now down to 21,520. So the dome with some innovative improvements to get over 20,000 capacity, add some kick ass suites, and build a DI press box would be right there! Now just have to make an effort to get the invite.

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Thanks Captain Obvious... NDSU has been flying to most of their away football games for years -- that has never been the issue here.
    Hey, numb nuts, I was responding to this comment.... "Liberty is surrounded by FBS schools less than 300 miles away, NDSU is not," as in "if NDSU goes FBS, we are going to have to fly to a lot of games."

I'm sure you missed that part (no surprise), but my response was that NDSU is going to have to fly to games no matter if they are FCS or FBS. Shocker, right?

You should read more. It will keep you from embarrassing yourself in public.

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    NDSU is going to have to fly A LOT they are FCS or FBS.
    JMU is going to have to win a lot more Championships for you to have anything meaningful to say on this forum.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Hey, numb nuts, I was responding to this comment.... "Liberty is surrounded by FBS schools less than 300 miles away, NDSU is not," as in "if NDSU goes FBS, we are going to have to fly to a lot of games."

I'm sure you missed that part (no surprise), but my response was that NDSU is going to have to fly to games no matter if they are FCS or FBS. Shocker, right?

Hey fucktard, no one here gives a shit what you think about anything. Lick my balls, then leave.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Overreact much? I knew exactly what you were referring to, just found it added very little to the conversation...

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    I agree we need to build a new stadium or somehow expand the dome, build a nicer press box, and add suites. I thought the plan was to expand the west side with suites at top and then fill in the north press box area and mid level suite areas with seats.....that could add 1000 to capacity. Too bad they didn't get that started before COVID and could have made hay during the downtime. As for the SDSU fans not attending games......its not just the weather. Their fans are more into basketball and will never get into football like Bison fans. And yes, even the Bison don't have enough hearty fans to fill a current dome sized stadium or bigger stadium in November........then again if hosting the MWC championship against Boise State.......maybe?
    They've had so many studies they all mix.

Gondola seating in Little Cesar's arena Detroit

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Hey fucktard, no one here gives a shit what you think about anything. Lick my balls, then leave.
    I believe it is very presumptuous of you to presume that you speak for the entire Bison nation. I'm sure you don't because I'm certain that the awesome Bison fans I have met in person would have nothing to do with you and your arrogance.