Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Matt larson doesn't have the lips to chug maple syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by SDbison View Post
    So question is even if the average serious Bison fan wants a move to FBS does play it safe Matt Larson and his cronies care to work towards a step up? I mean why not win a few more national titles to add to his resume before moving on? Matt doesn't give a shit about the average Bison fan. Please show me the proof NDSU is preparing for a possible move up and in contact with FBS conferences. Seems obvious this should be happening, but I think the status quo is happy to party on and pat themselves on the back.
    I don't think there is proof he is preparing to move up or stay put. I guess he is close to getting an FBS level IPF. Added FCOA. Has raised our athletic budget. He tried to get student fees but they voted no.

But to move up, we need some serious discussions with the dome as a plan to add luxury or club seats as part of any Fargodome addition or renovation. No way we can raise enough money long term without them whether its the hanging gondola seats, press boxes being converted to suites, or additions that add club seating to the west side of the dome. That should be the #1 priority. I find it frustrating when the dome is planning on widening the concourses on the west without enough foresight to see if it will interfere with an addition that is VITAL to our revenue streams. Are they going to do an addition like the east side that is not load bearing, which would kill any chance of added suites? Need some leadership there

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Honestly the Dome is a big problem. It severely limits everything for football. Unfortunately a new stadium would require some big bucks.

Do you think Scheels would care to cough up a hundred fitty mill or so for a new Scheel’s Stadium? They are getting awfully popular. No I won’t be the one to ask.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    I don't think there is proof he is preparing to move up or stay put. I guess he is close to getting an FBS level IPF. Added FCOA. Has raised our athletic budget. He tried to get student fees but they voted no.

But to move up, we need some serious discussions with the dome as a plan to add luxury or club seats as part of any Fargodome addition or renovation. No way we can raise enough money long term without them whether its the hanging gondola seats, press boxes being converted to suites, or additions that add club seating to the west side of the dome. That should be the #1 priority. I find it frustrating when the dome is planning on widening the concourses on the west without enough foresight to see if it will interfere with an addition that is VITAL to our revenue streams. Are they going to do an addition like the east side that is not load bearing, which would kill any chance of added suites? Need some leadership there
    Whatever happened to the saddle seats plan? Removing the corner supports?

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post

Matt has done nothing.......everything was already in the works when be arrived. No vision for the future. The stagnation on dome expansion is another example of his poor leadership. All Matt wants is the winning record to get him to the next level. And now Bison nation is finally coming around to realize where are we at with moving forward.......on FBS.......on better venue. Crap, we have the most successful DI football program ever, but not much advancement of the program over 10 years.

Don't disagree that a larger venue to play football would be nice for a move to FBS, but is it really necessary to make the move up?

- NDSU's average attendance at games exceeds the requirement mandated by the NCAA for FBS membership (something many G5 can't meet) http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/AMA/Division...2%208%2010.pdf

- NDSU's ticket revenue is higher than every FCS program, and is higher than the majority of G5 programs (isn't a bigger venue about increasing ticket revenue?) https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

The only reason I could think for a larger venue is that you could offer more tickets to visiting teams, but we are talking G5 -- are they going to bring 5K fans? I know it would be an issue if you were hosting Oklahoma or something... but I say move up... then that portion can be figured out. Having a full dome filled with screaming fans is awesome, and looks great on TV -- NDSU already has that!

Quote Originally Posted by MankatoBison View Post
    This is the "you forgot the apostrophe!" version of dismissing this argument. If you have some countervailing evidence that rebuts the information the guy shared, than do it. But pointing out a typo doesn't do anything to refute the information he presented.
    I mean if people need to point out the obvious to you I will.

1 They won’t get the average, they will get less. The only reason for the MWC conference to invite a school so outside their footprint would be to lowball them on the revenue they get to be part of the conference. And then they are just assuming NDSU makes a bowl each year and that teams will be clamoring to give NDSU money to come play them. It’s already difficult enough for NDSU to get guarantee games, yet adding 22 more scholarships will entice teams to give NDSU double that amount now cause they are FBS? LOL at that assumption. They would be more in the SJSU range. A bottom third team in financials does seem like a big positive to me. Them listing the attendance as a bonus and comparing to the other teams over a huge sample size of one year is adorable. Let’s see that over a 10 year period which is what any logical person would do if they truly wanted to study the feasibility of something like this.

2 no conference commissioner cares. I could just imagine the laughs a room would get if Matt Larson called the MWC commish and said ‘but we have great Google traffic”

3 literally the least important thing when getting an FBS invite. Do people think Rutgers was added to B1G cause they were competitive?

3 listing a negative as a positive is some nice slight of hand here. The Dome is tapped, there is no new seats coming up. To expect 19k to see San Jose or Fresno St in November or December in hopes of getting an invite to the Belk Bowl is comical. Sure the initial rush would spike seeing new teams. But the author just admitted NDSU fans get bored easily. So one would expect those numbers to fall after 3-4 years.

5 again another slight of hand listing the biggest negative as a positive. If MWC is going to expand into a third time zone it gonna be for a Texas school not a Dakota school.

It’s like me creating a website on why Rosario Dawson should sleep with me. I could come up with a bunch of ridiculous reasons but none of it matters if she doesn’t agree to it. The MWC has no interest in NDSU. They would need 10 teams to leave and 15 others schools to turn them down before they even entertained inviting NDSU.

Until the G5 moves down or until the P5 gives the G5 a seat at the championship table, NDSU isn’t going anywhere.

I’m a little lazy tonight. Who’s Rosario Dawson?
    Don't believe everything you think.

marenlee is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    I’m a little lazy tonight. Who’s Rosario Dawson?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    Don't disagree that a larger venue to play football would be nice for a move to FBS, but is it really necessary to make the move up?

- NDSU's average attendance at games exceeds the requirement mandated by the NCAA for FBS membership (something many G5 can't meet) http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/AMA/Division...2%208%2010.pdf

- NDSU's ticket revenue is higher than every FCS program, and is higher than the majority of G5 programs (isn't a bigger venue about increasing ticket revenue?) https://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

The only reason I could think for a larger venue is that you could offer more tickets to visiting teams, but we are talking G5 -- are they going to bring 5K fans? I know it would be an issue if you were hosting Oklahoma or something... but I say move up... then that portion can be figured out. Having a full dome filled with screaming fans is awesome, and looks great on TV -- NDSU already has that!
    Unless we want to price tickets like a Lakers game, we need suite or club seating

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com