Page 9 of 103 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

daddy daycare is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

I changed my mind. I'm all for it. Let's jump. Frees up my Saturdays.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    Matt Larson should take a serious swing at the AAC for football only. They need a football-only school. NDSU is by far the best football-only school available.

Don't underestimate our market either, NDSU would have the highest market share of any team in the conference, and NDSU gets that in more than its MSA. The real market is about 1 million, about as saturated as any big school, in a rapidly growing area.

When the AAC looks around the country who does it see? Army, JMU, Villanova, Marshall, Toledo, Ohio, NIU, NDSU, Boise St, BYU, Airforce, UNM, Arkansas State, and App State.

Army, BYU, NDSU, and Villanova are the only ones that come without an all conference affiliation, although Villanova would probably only be wanted if it brought its basketball. I'm not sure if the AAC would want any of those programs as all sports members, and Boise is just too far away.
    ML won't do anything to upset the apple cart (status quo) If he and Bresciani were in charge back in the day (2002/2003) , the Bison would still be in the NCC which would now have a scheduling agreement with the NSIC to cut down on travel expenses. How far away is Upper Iowa?

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    If we go independent, it would be good to convince SDSU, JMU, and (maybe) the Montana schools to do the same. We'd need to have 4-6 regular Home-Away arrangements.
    I actually don't mind this idea. Then a few years down the road we could create a G5 (6) conference.
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    If we go independent, it would be good to convince SDSU, JMU, and (maybe) the Montana schools to do the same. We'd need to have 4-6 regular Home-Away arrangements.
    We basically did this once before with the Great West.

Quote Originally Posted by DePereBisonFan View Post
    I actually don't mind this idea. Then a few years down the road we could create a G5 (6) conference.
    I dont think current NCAA rules allow that.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    I dont think current NCAA rules allow that.
    Don't tell Liberty that....
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Don't tell Liberty that....
    They didnt try to start a conference.

Invites have to come from an established conference.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    They didnt try to start a conference.

Invites have to come from an established conference.
    Clearly they don't since Liberty is an independent program and went FBS on their own.

If several schools go indy and later try to form a conference, nobody is going to stop them from doing so.

People can talk about whether going indy is viable, but Liberty proved what a sham the whole invite thing was. I will let you in on a secret, the power five schools run the show and they don't give a single damn about how many G5 schools there are.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUstudent View Post
    Clearly they don't since Liberty is an independent program and went FBS on their own.

If several schools go indy and later try to form a conference, nobody is going to stop them from doing so.

People can talk about whether going indy is viable, but Liberty proved what a sham the whole invite thing was. I will let you in on a secret, the power five schools run the show and they don't give a single damn about how many G5 schools there are.
    Do your research on how Liberty pulled it off.

Then look up the NCAA regs on moving up and having a bunch of indys starting a conference to move up tp FBS..

Dont think I said anything about G5. But I thought that was common knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by daddy daycare View Post
    I changed my mind. I'm all for it. Let's jump. Frees up my Saturdays.
    So you wont be a NDSU fan if they go FBS? GTFOOOI
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?