Page 90 of 103 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Logistical and financial maintenance obstacles aside, this would be fucking awesome.
    Meh. Lines on the field are too straight and it still has those annoying corners we'd eventually have to tear out.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Meh. Lines on the field are too straight and it still has those annoying corners we'd eventually have to tear out.
    Straight lines on the field fool players into thinking that all of life is so well defined. As a service to these student athletes it might be preferable to make sure ALL the lines are gray/curved.
    Don't believe everything you think.

You guys see this?
    Matt Brown on Mike Mcfeely's podcast on NDSU being a leading contender in the MW if/when Boise state leaves. Makes a super interesting comment on why NDSU's tv market is bigger than a lot of people give them credit for.

https://make.headliner.app/download/...m=video-detail

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Or maybe the president is more concerned how he is going to keep the educational side of the school running and growing and the AD is aware of what he has to work with and they both think trying to make a FBS move is not the best thing right now.
    So we agree. The AD is not interested in FBS.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    So we agree. The AD is not interested in FBS.
    For right now sure. But to make it seem like he is against it ever is just not right. A lot of folks here on BV are wanting it because of all the hype and are caught up in the moment. I have no clue of all the ins and outs of making the jump and I am sure that quite a few people who want the jump and really think they have it figured out don't really know either.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

For right now sure. But to make it seem like he is against it ever is just not right. A lot of folks here on BV are wanting it because of all the hype and are caught up in the moment. I have no clue of all the ins and outs of making the jump and I am sure that quite a few people who want the jump and really think they have it figured out don't really know either.
    More like if the jump had a chance of happening ML needs to be gone because he isn't a vision guy. He's a keep things heading in the same direction guy

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by oldmantutters View Post
    More like if the jump had a chance of happening ML needs to be gone because he isn't a vision guy. He's a keep things heading in the same direction guy

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
    Ever had a conversation with him?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

I don't know about being caught up in the moment. Most pro-FBS people have been clamoring for Larson to look at FBS since we beat Iowa half a decade ago. He's been nothing if not consistent in his opposition. So don't tell us that for all we know, he's exploring things behind the scenes. If we ever go FBS, it will be in spite of Larson and Bresciani, not because of them or their vision.
    I don't care what Jim says. That is not the real Ben Franklin. I'm 99% certain.

Quote Originally Posted by Professorbum View Post
    I don't know about being caught up in the moment. Most pro-FBS people have been clamoring for Larson to look at FBS since we beat Iowa half a decade ago. He's been nothing if not consistent in his opposition. So don't tell us that for all we know, he's exploring things behind the scenes. If we ever go FBS, it will be in spite of Larson and Bresciani, not because of them or their vision.

Since Iowa what conference has inquired about NDSU joining?

I think a lot of thought and preparation is going on that we don’t know about. And I think that mainly involves around an all conference move up. Seriously blown away by the people who think the ASUN would be allowed into FBS before the MVFC.

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    Since Iowa what conference has inquired about NDSU joining?

I think a lot of thought and preparation is going on that we don’t know about. And I think that mainly involves around an all conference move up. Seriously blown away by the people who think the ASUN would be allowed into FBS before the MVFC.
    The WAC and ASUN to the FBS discussions are incredibly stupid... none of these schools have a brand that garners any national interest in football... they all have weak fan support... the chance of a WAC or ASUN media rights contract that will result in revenue for their schools is next to zero... What Bowl Organizer wants to have a WAC or ASUN team in their bowl? The only thing an FBS move for these schools does is force these schools to overpay for their football programs. Want the WAC/ASUN FBS Model? Take a look at UL Monroe -- does college football want 20 more UL Monroe's in FBS? I know I don't!