Page 78 of 103 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Bisonwinagn is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

I approve adding $20M in student fees.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    I am probably in a minority, but I don't think that a new stadium is necessary to go to the FBS. If so, NDSU is not going for decades.

The way to duplicate NDSU's level of success in another move is to make sure that NDSU is the top-funded program in our new conference. Being averagely funded will not cut it.

And I'm a little more pessimistic about fan interest... you haven't seen Bison fatigue until you've seen NDSU drop two of three to start the year after going around .500 the year before - at that point, there'd be more blue seats visible in FargoDome crowd shots than there'd be at a Smurf orgy.

Like 56bison73 posted - logistics are key. Beating a P5 team once a year is a battle, but going FBS is a war - and you have to a plan. Heck, I'd say the first thing NDSU would need to do to go FBS would be to get enrollment up to AT LEAST the Mountain West average of 25,000.
    Yeah I dont think we are going anywhere unless the dome is adequate for some foreseeable future. I dont see how NDSU's small alumni base is going to somehow cover both the expenses of playing in the FBS AND cover the cost of a new stadium.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Yeah I dont think we are going anywhere unless the dome is adequate for some foreseeable future. I dont see how NDSU's small alumni base is going to somehow cover both the expenses of playing in the FBS AND cover the cost of a new stadium.
    If a new stadium equates to an outdoor venue, FUCK THAT. Yeah, I'm talking to all you brain frost-bit Packer fans.

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    This is the catch-22. If we can't afford a new stadium how can we afford FBS? Let's say a new stadium is $250M. That's probably 6-8 years of an good G5 level athletic budget and 15-20 years if you only include the increase needed to get to FBS.

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    This is the catch-22. If we can't afford a new stadium how can we afford FBS? Let's say a new stadium is $250M. That's probably 6-8 years of an good G5 level athletic budget and 15-20 years if you only include the increase needed to get to FBS.
    Semi Enclosed stadium (keep wind out) and in FBS you Dont play at home past Nov 20...and your conference could agree to have you on the road the last week every year....so Nov 13
    ive seen very nice days on Nov 13.

secondly. 4 corporations $50 millions each over 50 years (or 25) and they each get a corner to advertise/set up product etc

plus NDSU engineering/architecture students provide some assistance

this is so freakin easy
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Semi Enclosed stadium (keep wind out) and in FBS you Dont play at home past Nov 20...and your conference could agree to have you on the road the last week every year....so Nov 13
    ive seen very nice days on Nov 13

secondly. 4 corporations $50 millions each over 50 years (or 25) and they each get a corner to advertise/set up product etc

this is so freakin easy
    Not so sure about the rest but this bolded part I do agree with. Not that much warmer on average down here in Twin Cities but Gophers have no roof. And they don't play here in December.

According to https://www.usclimatedata.com/climate/united-states/us

November Fargo Minneapolis
    Avg High 37 41
    Avg Low 20 26
    Avg Precip 1.00 1.77
    Avg Snowfall 8.00 9.00
    Last edited by GreenfieldBison; 12-30-2020 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Add data

ive seen very nice days on Nov 13.

this is so freakin easy
    Yeah the weather for one game in November isn’t as much of an issue for me.

The funding is. Chaos that quarter of a billion you’re just adding to the top of already having to increase our budget to compete year in year out.

That cool quarter billion is more than our entire endowment.

soo Fetal Position got it
    When you got arrested with the felony, I bet you had visions of being in that position a lot with Bubba in the clink.

Yeah, people need to stop it with the new stadium BS. You’re sending out a false narrative, which could actually make it harder to get an invite. Plus it isn’t even true. The dome would be fine.

Beyond the proverbial - and currently MIA - invite, the big $$ hurdles are scholarships and travel (assuming the IPF is done). Beyond that, it’s salaries. You’re not going to get that $$ from tuition, and you’re not going to get it through tickets, so you’re looking at the state, donors, and whatever extra you end up with by being FBS. The first one has obvious implications, but ultimately the state of ND has to decide if it wants FBS, and then maybe it can hope. Obviously it would be the Bison, since there is no rational argument otherwise. But there would be hard implications that some people would have difficulty accepting. There are very serious structural issues in ND Higher Ed that will loom large in the near future, and this is mixed in with all of that, unfortunately.

The big issue is the invite. All signs point to FBS breaking away, which would make it infinitely harder to move up, IMO. But the P5 appears to not like this idea, so maybe in the end they’ll agree to not be so obnoxious and spoiled, but who really knows … All NDSU can do is stay on track and create an environment that is attractive to 'bigger time' College Football. I am confident that this is what they are doing, and as fans we can help them out by not being fatigued ...

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post
    When you got arrested with the felony, I bet you had visions of being in that position a lot with Bubba in the clink.
    You know you have nothing important or relevant to say when you resort to bullshit meaningless posts like this. Go start an “Official Shit on Lakes No Matter What He Does” Thread and post exclusively in there.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery