Page 67 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by abc123 View Post
    I have zero delusions of where my sports teams (and the levels they play at) stand in the grand scheme of public opinion and I'm fine with that. Pretending that sports fans in general give an actual shit about FCS football is hilarious. TV ratings and money don't lie. The bottom tier bowls between 0.500 teams get better ratings. Hell, home site playoffs don't draw fans outside of a couple spots. FCS football (and Division 1 hockey) are complete afterthoughts to over 99% of people. Though one them actually does at least breakeven on its playoffs. It is what it is, sorry to ruin your Christmas.
    ya that 1200 fan turn out in 1st round in detroit or syracause or some obscure craphole is amazing
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Back to the main discussion

1.) No conference invite. Check
    2.) Geographic isolation with no natural conference fit. Check
    3.) Inadequate FBS stadium. Check
    4.) Cheap donor base (Lakes are you listening). Check
    5.) Hamstrung by conservative state with a competitor university who couldn’t stomach it happening. Check

FBS sign me up. Looks like we have a winner!

Besides having a successful FCS program, name one reason why anyone thinks NDSU would be a successful FBS program on a consistent basis?

Build it and they will come is not a viable solution when you are talking this much money.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011BisonAlumni View Post

5.) Hamstrung by conservative state with a competitor university who couldn’t stomach it happening. Check

Besides having a successful FCS program, name one reason why anyone thinks NDSU would be a successful FBS program on a consistent basis?

Build it and they will come is not a viable solution when you are talking this much money.
    #4 is not true... NDSU's donor base is not cheap, it actually compares favorably with the top G5 programs... I know it's "cool" to dump on the Bison fanbase but, they are anything but cheap.

You can't get a conference invite when you haven't declared your moving up

Minnesota isn't geographically isolated and we border the state. We could go west or east and almost all football games

We would rank #3 or #4 in MAC attendance
    5 mountain west teams averged under 20k
    Stadium only needs more suites and an extra 1000 seats
    Our donors outraised most of the mountain west for football
    Conservative state. Yes but at 27% state funding, lots of room to grow. Most mac schools are 60% plus

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    #4 is not true... NDSU's donor base is not cheap, it actually compares favorably with the top G5 programs... I know it's "cool" to dump on the Bison fanbase but, they are anything but cheap.
    Disagree 100% with that statement.

First thing is team makers needing new leadership. Quite honestly, it is stale as an organization and doesn’t have the right leadership in place.

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    You can't get a conference invite when you haven't declared your moving up

Minnesota isn't geographically isolated and we border the state. We could go west or east and almost all football games

We would rank #3 or #4 in MAC attendance
    5 mountain west teams averged under 20k
    Stadium only needs more suites and an extra 1000 seats
    Our donors outraised most of the mountain west for football
    Conservative state. Yes but at 27% state funding, lots of room to grow. Most mac schools are 60% plus
    Bull Shit.......
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Disagree 100% with that statement.

First thing is team makers needing new leadership. Quite honestly, it is stale as an organization and doesn’t have the right leadership in place.
    If your disagreeing... then you are disagreeing with facts! When I think donor base... I factor in ticket revenue and contributions -- when you combine them, NDSU rivals the top G5 programs

Quote Originally Posted by NovaBison View Post
    If your disagreeing... then you are disagreeing with facts! When I think donor base... I factor in ticket revenue and contributions -- when you combine them, NDSU rivals the top G5 programs
    Part of it is having someone who knows how to run a charitable foundation run Team Makers. No offense to Derrick Lang and all, but the organization needs someone who knows how to raise money.

Part of it is having someone who knows how to run a charitable foundation run Team Makers. No offense to Derrick Lang and all, but the organization needs someone who knows how to raise money.
    Actually, looking at the USA Today database... you do have a point, NDSU is doing well with contributions -- but, there is room for improvement... we are not even #1 for 2019... Cal Poly out raised NDSU last year on "Contributions."

This should be in the dead horse thread.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."