Page 97 of 103 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899 ... LastLast

Thread: NDSU to the FBS

Default Re: NDSU to the FBS

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    NDSU just wasted $40 mil on a IPF and this "in your hands" raised how many millions?

40,000 seat Semi Enclosed Stadium South of the SHAC or over Dacotah Field. make it happen already
    Damn, Sam, stop using that word, "semi-enclosed" ; spend the extra million or 3 to cover the damn thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Damn, Sam, stop using that word, "semi-enclosed" ; spend the extra million or 3 to cover the damn thing up.
    nope, we want sun in there. outdoor feel. plus the high walls will keep the wind out.
    adding a roof = $50 million i bet.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah, I dream of NDSU one day having professional law and med schools but it’ll be a cold day in hell before the state legislature ever allowed that.

Would be nice to have at least one school in the state with competent med and law schools.
    That would be quite an expensive venture. Not sure there is any demand for more lawyers in ND and UND has small classes.

On top of having small classes, UND isn't very selective. Most people who apply get in. Seems likely that there isn't much excess demand for a legal education around here.

I cant imagine there is some big population of prospective law students who won't go to UND, but will go to NDSU. Maybe a few here and there.

If your big complaint is ranking, I wouldn't hold that against UND. The factors they use would be very likely to lead to a similar rank at a hypothetical NDSU law school if I had to guess.

NDSU getting a law school ain't gonna happen for many reasons, but the legislature holding us back isn't one of them.
    College of Business Alumnus

23Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    nope, we want sun in there. outdoor feel. plus the high walls will keep the wind out.
    adding a roof = $50 million i bet.
    It’s called windows. They add sunlight (not that I think that’s important) doesn’t need an outdoor field. Needs people in the seats. 50k is way too big. 30k with expansion to 38k is more realistic.
    Run the damn ball!! PRO FBS

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    That would be quite an expensive venture. Not sure there is any demand for more lawyers in ND and UND has small classes.

On top of having small classes, UND isn't very selective. Most people who apply get in. Seems likely that there isn't much excess demand for a legal education around here.

I cant imagine there is some big population of prospective law students who won't go to UND, but will go to NDSU. Maybe a few here and there.

If your big complaint is ranking, I wouldn't hold that against UND. The factors they use would be very likely to lead to a similar rank at a hypothetical NDSU law school if I had to guess.

NDSU getting a law school ain't gonna happen for many reasons, but the legislature holding us back isn't one of them.
    I’ll have to disagree, it absolutely is a hurdle and probably one of the most important ones because it’s one that is completely out of NDSU’s control and isn’t one that would go away regardless of how much sense it made with population/demand.

Quote Originally Posted by reformedUNDfan View Post
    In case people are wondering what my logic is here:

1) the AAC must either add a 12th team, go to a 10 game conference schedule, or drop its championship game by 2022 season
    2) the AAC is a high major BB league and will only add another high-major BB school, so the option are football only affiliate, or a high major BB program with an equally good football program
    3) the AAC wants to expand its scope and be a national conference
    4) The AAC would like a program that increases its football depth

The relevant football prgrams would include: BYU, Army, Toledo, NIU, Ohio, Air Force, Boise, Colorado State, SDSU, Ark State, App State, NDSU, JMU, Nova, SDSU, and a startup at witchita state

Of those, BSU and SDSU come with their olympic sports, which would be very expensive for AAC members. BSU lost its AD and HC after a very public failed push for AAC membership. Colorado State is a garbage football program. Of the MAC schools, Ohio and NIU aren't big markets and only Toledo would be an above average AAC football program. Not sure any of them are interested in leaving the MAC so that their football program can be AAC. Ark and App would both be solid AAC schools, but there is the olympic sports issue and the sunbelt is a respectable league. Nova would be most attractive with its BB program which I highly doubt is going to move, and the AAC is already in Philly. Army in the AAC would mess with the Army-Navy game. that leaves BYU, Air Force NDSU, JMU and the Bunnies. BYU would likely lose revenue in the AAC but would gain access to bigger games. NDSU is at worst the 4th best football prgram outside the AAC, and IMO that best that doesn't come anchored to its olympic sports.

Around the time that the Boise/SDSU to the AAC plan fell apart (late last fall), the AAC got really quiet and the position from the NDSU administration seemed to change, going from "we are happy where we are" to a combination of playing dumb and openly speculating about realignment.
    You make a compelling case. Does conference footprint and stadium size hurt your argument?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post

So first, Fuck un_...

Second...

Sorry what was the question?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    I’ll have to disagree, it absolutely is a hurdle and probably one of the most important ones because it’s one that is completely out of NDSU’s control and isn’t one that would go away regardless of how much sense it made with population/demand.
    I'll rephrase. Absent some wacky changes in North Dakota, I don't think we'll have conditions that would justify the state having another public law school.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    So first, Fuck un_...

Second...

Sorry what was the question?
    Lol hell yea

99Bison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default NDSU to the FBS

Isn’t it obvious by now... The answer is create a new “Super League” conference with all the “good” programs that have perceived traditional systemic limits (geography, school size, attendance, tv contracts, etc). The big key being the strategic partner or two such as ESPN (or pick your flavor of investment companies) which flip those traditional “limitations” into bigger opportunities with national and/or global conference streaming contracts, integrated promotion, marketing, etc all at a grander scale than what today’s p5 conferences think are a big deal.