Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: NDSU vs Nevada 11/25

Default Re: NDSU vs Nevada 11/25

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Pretty good analysis for the most part. I disagree with MHH and Nelson however. Nelson was totally out of his league. Only positive thing he did all game was snag a few rebounds from Kreuser. His shot selection sucked, his defense sucked, he had multiple opportunities to finish around the rim and finished 0. Kid has potential and will likely be an integral part of the team a few years down the road but he is going to take his lumps now. MHH was also very disappointing around the rim. He starred the set defender in the eye, took two dribbles and barreled straight Into him. It was the most head scratching play I have seen at any level of basketball EVER. Richman coached teams generally start slow and pick it up as the season goes on. I hope this season is no different but they have a lot of work to do.
    Nelson is a true freshman that most certainly would have redshirted this year if it wasn’t 2020. He’s a D1 athlete, so he certainly can be criticized/critiqued, but his last time on the court was probably against Jamestown High or something. He’s contributing minutes now and that wouldn’t have been expected during normal times. I think it’ll really help him develop early on.

Quote Originally Posted by slips View Post
    Pretty good analysis for the most part. I disagree with MHH and Nelson however. Nelson was totally out of his league. Only positive thing he did all game was snag a few rebounds from Kreuser. His shot selection sucked, his defense sucked, he had multiple opportunities to finish around the rim and finished 0. Kid has potential and will likely be an integral part of the team a few years down the road but he is going to take his lumps now. MHH was also very disappointing around the rim. He starred the set defender in the eye, took two dribbles and barreled straight Into him. It was the most head scratching play I have seen at any level of basketball EVER. Richman coached teams generally start slow and pick it up as the season goes on. I hope this season is no different but they have a lot of work to do.
    I agree Nelson didnt have a very good game but still flashed at moments today. He's a kid that's really gonna benefit from being able to play this year and not losing the year. Going to be an interesting year.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    I agree Nelson didnt have a very good game but still flashed at moments today. He's a kid that's really gonna benefit from being able to play this year and not losing the year. Going to be an interesting year.
    Are you sure the players don't lose a year? I know it was floated around in football but I don't know anything about a decision on basketball

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    Are you sure the players don't lose a year? I know it was floated around in football but I don't know anything about a decision on basketball
    http://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/...udent-athletes

I believe so....

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Nevada finished #2 in the MW last year correct? Are they a good team?
    Nowhere near the top 25 team they were a couple years ago

nevada lost top 3 scorers. picked 7th.
    NDSU will probably start 0-3 & thankfully dodge Minnesota for 0-4 . go 10-6 in conference, get to .500. be #4 , 5 seed in summit is where im setting the bar this year.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Nevada just took down Nebraska 69-66.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsBison View Post
    Nevada just took down Nebraska 69-66.
    Someone start a NDSU v Nebraska thread. im 0-1

Nevada rallied from down 10. Nebraska was really hammering them for a bit. So hopefully we catch the later of the 2 teams..
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?