Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Starting 5 for this year ? any ideas

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Starting 5 for this year ? any ideas

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Giannis Antetokounmpo, Rudy Gobery, and Marc Gasol were all defensive players of the year.
    Maybe NDSU92 has never seen any of them play

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Giannis Antetokounmpo, Rudy Gobery, and Marc Gasol were all defensive players of the year.
    Those are some butt ugly womens basketball players, but yep ya got m

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Saw in the forum article this morning that Katie Deaton, for whatever ridiculous reason the NCAA came up with, was not granted a waiver to play right away and has to sit out this season. One time transfers with no penalty starting next year, a pandemic going on, no loss of eligibility this season and yet the NCAA says "Nah, you gotta wait" absolutely asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    Saw in the forum article this morning that Katie Deaton, for whatever ridiculous reason the NCAA came up with, was not granted a waiver to play right away and has to sit out this season. One time transfers with no penalty starting next year, a pandemic going on, no loss of eligibility this season and yet the NCAA says "Nah, you gotta wait" absolutely asinine.
    That is par for the course with NCAA. Very tough decision for her and the team. NCAA will never cease to amaze me with their decision making.
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisonionette View Post
    good to see AMERICAN players getting our scholarships. I have never seen a European player play any defense. it's just not in their DNA. Good job Jory
    This is an absolute appalling and embarrassing post, how about they just play the best players regardless of where they are from? I trust Jory a heck of a lot more than one of the previous coaches who couldn't even cut it in the high school level......

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    This is an absolute appalling and embarrassing post, how about they just play the best players regardless of where they are from? I trust Jory a heck of a lot more than one of the previous coaches who couldn't even cut it in the high school level......
    We had 5 euro players with the last coach, and very limited local talent. That was not good. But the bigger concern was that we were not competitive with those euro 5. While they are all bison, I hope our core is local talent. Either way, I trust Jory.

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    NCAA still has a chance to undo this mistake:

Dom Izzo
    @DomIzzoWDAY
    ·10h

NCAA has approved transfer waivers left and right this fall. This move makes a lot of sense.

Jeff Goodman
    @GoodmanHoops
    · 10h

Sources: The basketball oversight committee expected to recommend that the NCAA allow ALL transfers to get waiver to play this season. This would be proposed to the D-1 Council — which next meets on Dec. 16. There is a chance it could be voted on prior to the 16th.

LONG OVERDUE
    Coach Jory has interesting possibilities with this core group of sophomores - could treat them as freshmen with the Covid exception. Since 3 of them came in as transfers, that would be quite a 4 year foundation for the program’s turnaround (hoped for).*

Sophomores
    - Ryan Cobbins
    - Heaven Hamling (Stephen F Austin)
    - Marie Olson (Southern Methodist)
    - Kadie Deaton (Northern Colorado)
    - Olivia Skibiel

- Plus JC transfer Reneya Hopkins could possibly have a 3 year Bison career instead of the normal two

- Plus, in a recent article on Emily Dietz - she talked of the possibility of another year, making it sound like there have been early discussions (she is a senior)

*Of course one or more could graduate/move on but you get the point
    Last edited by bruinbison; 12-03-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lost Dutchman View Post
    Look at the record of the teams with the Euro players.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    Look at the record of the teams with the Euro players.
    Is that a product of them being Euro players or is that a product of teams having to go look so far just to get players to come to their program?

Chicken or the Egg type of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Is that a product of them being Euro players or is that a product of teams having to go look so far just to get players to come to their program?

Chicken or the Egg type of thing.
    Coupled with the fact that the coach sucked deaddogdick also had something to do with it.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."