Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 Women's Basketball Schedule

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020-2021 Women's Basketball Schedule

Was tonight's game an upset?

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    did all the womens basketball threads pre 2019 get dumped?
    2002 thread

Very nice. Looks like a promising team. More importantly, the program is finally on the right path.
    Get your BB tickets now!!!

WBB might be better than MBB this year...been a while since I could say that.
    NDSU to the FBS always. In all ways.

Very solid win for the team. Onward and upward... Go Bison
    "Sometimes a concept is baffling not because it is profound but because it is wrong" E. O. Wilson

"I'm not crazy my mother had me tested". Sheldon Cooper

My boss hates it when I shorten his name to Dick, mainly because his name is Steven.

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    17 point win over what should be a decent MVC team.

Not to get too knee-jerky, but these ladies can play ball.

Coaching, talent, rebounding, team defense, offensive determination, focus

Blown away, can’t wait for the rest of the season
    Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Ball handing, speed, shot selection, defense, teamwork, depth, physical play . . . A lot to get excited about. What happened to women’s bb at NDSU?
    All of these things mentioned here were so evident. It was a HUGE improvement over what we've seen for far too long. Reneya Hopkins was so fun to watch...she has an energy and quickness that was blowing everyone away last night. Hopkins and Hamling on the floor at the same time could end up being a heck of a combo. Gaislerova was quiet most of the night, but stepped up in the 4th quarter when we needed that senior leadership. Dietz's was pretty good last year, but her footwork and strength appeared to be improved. She was pretty unstoppable on the low block. The team defense seemed so much improved too, which probably has a lot to do with Coach Collins bringing in more athletic ladies.

Am I too excited after only 1 game? I flipping hope not.
    My Mom yells louder than your Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by runtheoption View Post
    All of these things mentioned here were so evident. It was a HUGE improvement over what we've seen for far too long. Reneya Hopkins was so fun to watch...she has an energy and quickness that was blowing everyone away last night. Hopkins and Hamling on the floor at the same time could end up being a heck of a combo. Gaislerova was quiet most of the night, but stepped up in the 4th quarter when we needed that senior leadership. Dietz's was pretty good last year, but her footwork and strength appeared to be improved. She was pretty unstoppable on the low block. The team defense seemed so much improved too, which probably has a lot to do with Coach Collins bringing in more athletic ladies.

Am I too excited after only 1 game? I flipping hope not.
    Yeah Reneya is awesome. I swear within one minute last night she had a block, a steal, an assist and a 3 pointer.

I have no idea how Jory got this team turned around in this short of time, and during this crazy off-season. We’ll find out this weekend how much of last night came from UNI underestimating us.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Yeah Reneya is awesome. I swear within one minute last night she had a block, a steal, an assist and a 3 pointer.

I have no idea how Jory got this team turned around in this short of time, and during this crazy off-season. We’ll find out this weekend how much of last night came from UNI underestimating us.

I thought we punched in UNI in the nose in the first 5 minutes of the game, and kept it up through the 1st half. I was waiting for UNI to punch back, but they never really were able to close the gap. It was a beautiful thing to watch as NDSU has some moxy compared to recent years. I thought our depth was pretty strong last night. There was just as good of a chance (I thought) that we might push it to 25 vs. them closing it to 5.

UNI looks like a really good squad, but I'd put money on us to beat them again in a rematch. Also, you have to like our chances to be a top 3 or 4 in the Summit. Add in a couple more pieces next year, and we could goto the top. This free eligibility year might benefit us more than most.

It's amazing what a competent coach can do, congrats Jory and thank you for resurrecting this program!

dufferole is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I am a Midco subscriber and record the Bison men's and women's games when on. The UNI game was the 1st game in a loooong time that I didn't fast forward through a lot of the game, just the commercials. It was fun to watch.