Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020-2021 Women's Basketball Schedule

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: 2020-2021 Women's Basketball Schedule

Quote Originally Posted by bisonfan08 View Post
    KU may have been picked last in the preseason poll but they were coming off a win against Oklahoma and throttled ORU by 41 a couple of weeks ago. This was a big win. Still need to clean a few things up but Deaton playing has only increased this teams ceiling this year, make no mistake about it, these girls are for real and only going to get better!
    Oklahoma lost by 10 to Kansas, but only dressed 6 players for that game due to Covid related issues.

Best NDSU womens' start since 2004 (26-1) but only 1 D1 game on schedule that year
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    A good win . . . However KU pick last in the preseason poll, so there’s that.

Still a lot of boneheaded plays, ie the inbounds turnover in the last minute that was coached to me in the peewees. Need to play smarter.

Lots of depth on the 2nd team. Deaton, Hopkins, Schultz off the bench bringing the juice.
    Way to be Debbie Downer. This team is young and exciting, and bringing back fans. Just two years ago we were struggling beating Mayville. The team is 1 win short of tying the 2016-17 team, 4 from tying the 17-18 team and 2 away from tying the 18*19 teams in wins. Think of that, and we have yet to play a conference game and had a shortened non conference
    "If FBS teams are looking for an FCS cupcake, might I suggest North Dakota instead of North Dakota State." - John Taylor NBC College football talk writer

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Loud and Proud Bison fan View Post
    Way to be Debbie Downer. This team is young and exciting, and bringing back fans. Just two years ago we were struggling beating Mayville. The team is 1 win short of tying the 2016-17 team, 4 from tying the 17-18 team and 2 away from tying the 18*19 teams in wins. Think of that, and we have yet to play a conference game and had a shortened non conference

I was the one that said we'd finish 3rd in the Summit, and that this was easily the best team in the DI era. I said that before the season started, not after we beat UNI and GB twice.

We had a great game vs UNI, and good game vs. Kansas, and terrible game vs. North Dakota. I thought we had completely turned the page on stinking it up, but that UND game proved otherwise. While we are much improved, we are also completely capable of melting down too. I guess most teams are, but I expected a 20 point win vs. UND, and we deserved to lose by 10 if it werent for getting every break in the last minute of that game.

Just saying we need to pump the breaks a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    I was the one that said we'd finish 3rd in the Summit, and that this was easily the best team in the DI era. I said that before the season started, not after we beat UNI and GB twice.

We had a great game vs UNI, and good game vs. Kansas, and terrible game vs. North Dakota. I thought we had completely turned the page on stinking it up, but that UND game proved otherwise. While we are much improved, we are also completely capable of melting down too. I guess most teams are, but I expected a 20 point win vs. UND, and we deserved to lose by 10 if it werent for getting every break in the last minute of that game.

Just saying we need to pump the breaks a little.
    No doubt, far from a perfect team. But we can let Jory and Co. worry about that. As far as I’m concerned, we ballin!!!

DePereBisonFan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    No doubt, far from a perfect team. But we can let Jory and Co. worry about that. As far as I’m concerned, we ballin!!!
    We received a top 25 vote in the coaches poll. https://www.espn.com/womens-college-basketball/rankings

Matt Larsen made a great hire!
    "It's important in this life to dream big" - Brock Jensen during one of Kolpack and Izzo's pregame shows of the 2014 season.

"If you quit now, you quit for the rest of your life" - Chris Board 8/17/16 in the forum article.

FYI according to NDSU women’s bball Facebook page both games against Western Illinois this weekend are available for free steam on the western Illinois athletics website.

For what it’s worth I believe the men are also showing as a free steam as well. Having seen previous WIU productions in the past, do not have high expectations.

Looks like GameDay begins at 12:45 - Video:

https://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=1565&type=Live

Western Illinois (1-7 on the season)
    GameDay articles:

https://goleathernecks.com/news/2020...in-macomb.aspx

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...Game_Notes.pdf

WIU is 17-10 in the all-time series versus NDSU with a 10-2 mark inside Western Hall and winning the last four of five.
    Looks like a good time for the Bison to narrow that W/L record...
    WIU’s only W so far this season was against Bellarmine 79-57.
    The ‘Necks are a veteran group, however, starting 3 juniors and 2 seniors.
    Last edited by bruinbison; 01-02-2021 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    Looks like GameDay begins at 12:45 - Video:

https://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=1565&type=Live

Western Illinois (1-7 on the season)
    GameDay articles:

https://goleathernecks.com/news/2020...in-macomb.aspx

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sit...Game_Notes.pdf

Looks like a good time for the Bison to narrow that W/L record...
    WIU’s only W so far this season was against Bellarmine 79-57.
    The ‘Necks are a veteran group, however, starting 3 juniors and 2 seniors.
    Can’t wait for these weekend games. Ironically, Massey predicts a 74-68 Bison victory. Same exact score as the men’s prediction. I’ll take it!

Wow. Out of the 8 conference games schedule for this weekend (four women’s doubleheaders), only five will be played. One UND game cancelled, ORU and Omaha weekend cancelled. Probably indicative of how the season will go.