Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13212223

Thread: Battle of the Dakota's

bisonfan08 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: Battle of the Dakota's

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    There are thousands of Jack and Yote alumni in Sioux Falls and the greater Sioux Falls and surrounding areas which includes SW Minnesota and NE Iowa. When the Jacks and Yotes play, their fans come out of the woodwork to support their teams....re: SL tourney. When the Bison and Jacks or Yotes play, the hatred from the football season spills over into the basketball season. With the team SDSU has this year (when Douglas Wilson is healthy), even the causal fan wants to watch them play. As far as Friedel is concerned, he's supposed to get a pass for being a dickhead because he has issues? I don't think so. Lots of players have "issues", but don't give out cheapshots to the nut sack. I call bullshit.
    I agree of Friedel, I don't care what you've been through there's no place for dirty play in college basketball. It's a privilege to play the game, if you can't handle the mental aspects of it then kindly see your way out. Coach Hendo needs to take some measures to ensure nothing like this happens again, he should be suspended by the team for at least a couple of games as this isn't even his first issue this year. He's a great player but until he gets his head on straight he shouldn't be allowed on the court in my eyes. There's players all over college basketball who come from way worse than anything in Tea, SD so there's no excuse to be a shitty person on the court.

Coming from/through rough personal issues MIGHT give someone more of a pass on whether we as a people decide to write him off or give him a second chance, etc but it in no way should excuse anyone from the consequences of their actions. He did an incredibly stupid and dirty thing and should be given a punishment befitting the crime. How he responds to that punishment is probably more telling on how anyone should treat him moving forward than simply giving him a pass because he's had a hard life. Life isn't fair, learn from the mistake and take responsibility for it.

What did this kid go through exactly to even be mentioned as relevant to slapping someone in the nuts during a basketball game?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    What did this kid go through exactly to even be mentioned as relevant to slapping someone in the nuts during a basketball game?
    Yep, I need to know how my personal shit stacks up so I can drive to Brookings and give him a slap...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yeah, I’m sorry but no amount of personal experience excuses being a fucking asshole to people. Fuck this kid. Fuckem.
    They should have at least called a double dribble on him...

...er, wait, sorry, I'm not good at basketball: Double dribble is when you hit the ball with both hands, not when you hit both balls with your hand. Subtle difference.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    They should have at least called a double dribble on him...

...er, wait, sorry, I'm not good at basketball: Double dribble is when you hit the ball with both hands, not when you hit both balls with your hand. Subtle difference.
    Lol. Wouldn’t that be a steal or a block when you slap someone else’s ball?
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Lol. Wouldn’t that be a steal or a block when you slap someone else’s ball?
    Shaft hacking maybe if he didn't swipe the balls clean?

Seriously, what's this guys hard luck story that makes nutshots understandable?

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    Shaft hacking maybe if he didn't swipe the balls clean?

Seriously, what's this guys hard luck story that makes nutshots understandable?
    Totally agree. Time for BisonJD to enlighten us. Not asking for any gruesome details...…...just anything/something to help us be a little more empathetic.