Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Streakies

Default Re: Streakies

Quote Originally Posted by HandoEX View Post
    Can anyone provide cliff notes for those of us that can’t read the article? I’ve also never heard of this tragedy.
    When the forum loads just spam the escape key as soon as you see the content and you'll bypass the paywall. It's a lot harder to do on a phone but it works.

Great article by Kolpack but cliff notes is basically she fell from a human pyramid. Most haunting aspect of it to me was she'd quit the cheer team over safety concerns but went back.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Can anyone provide cliff notes for those of us that can’t read the article? I’ve also never heard of this tragedy.
    Janis was a tremendous track athlete and student, cheerleader, and Miss NDSU. She got killed practicing a cheerleading stunt at the BSA. She was, in my experience, universally known, liked, and admired - just a super nice person.

When she walked by the Union, hacky sacks/footballs/frisbees would drop to the ground unnoticed, sometimes after bouncing off faces.

The cheerleaders were practicing high mount routines just south of the main basketball court where the men were practicing. She dismounted backward (as planned) but the fell through the arms of the guys positioned there to catch her and hit her head on the tartan floor. She appeared to be doing fairly well when the paramedics took her out of the building, but had too much intracranial swelling later and she passed away.
    She was such a beautiful and genuinely sweet and talented girl.....Such a huge tragedy.

I remember being told as a kid at basketball games this was the reason the NDSU cheerleaders no longer did high tosses or really any tosses at all. Not sure how many years that went on but I specifically remember being told that story and watching for tosses and not seeing any by the cheerleaders for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    I remember being told as a kid at basketball games this was the reason the NDSU cheerleaders no longer did high tosses or really any tosses at all. Not sure how many years that went on but I specifically remember being told that story and watching for tosses and not seeing any by the cheerleaders for a long time.
    That is absolutely correct.

Longest true road game win streaks vs P5 teams:

TeamId Cnt Last Loss On
    Clemson 14 10/13/2017
    Ohio State 8 10/20/2018
    North Dakota State 5 9/3/2009

Cross Clemson off that list.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Janis was from Minot and her younger sister was a could years younger than me. I remember hearing about it when it happened. She was supposed to be recognized at the Bison game that week for some national cheerleading award she had received.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

During the 6 game winning streak vs. FBS teams, NDSU outgained those 6 opponents in net rushing 1,145 (190.8 ypg) to 513 (85.5 ypg).

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

It’s a good thing that we didn’t schedule a game with BYU this season Like Chapo was clamoring for, or the streak would be over. That Cougar team is a down right wrecking ball this year. They are in my playoff top 4.