Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Spring 2021 schedule released!

Default Re: Spring 2021 schedule released!

Omaha took the first set 25-21, but the Bison played a great 2nd set and won 25-18.

Sadie Limback is so good for Omaha. She dominated the first set and Hinze stepped up and took over the 2nd for NDSU. Syra Tanchin doesn't have big numbers yet, but ahe's been good too

Both of these matches vs Omaha are must wins for NDSU. Here's hoping they can keep the set 2 energy rolling

NDSU up 21-15 in the third after stealing an incredible point

NDSU takes set 3 25-17.

Last two sets might be the best they've played all year.

Getting to every loose ball, digging everything, and brick wall at the net. Really impressive last 2 sets

Headed to the 5th set after Omaha wins set 4 25-21. NDSU got off to a horrible start in the set, battled back, but Omaha's attack was really good

NDSU loses

With the loss, NDSU is pretty much eliminated from Summit tournament contention. They're technically still alive, but it would be stunning to see them overcome Omaha at this point.

I thought Syra Tanchin and Kelley Johnson played really well. Ava Schmoll was also really good today. Tidd and Lien had some good stretches too.

I thought Hinze really struggled for long stretches. She got really tip happy in the 4th set and none of them were close to falling. Omaha also served her pretty much every time she was in the back row tonight, and her passes on service reception were really poor. This has happened in a couple matches this year. Her struggles coupled with Bachmeier's really hurt. Bachmeier basically played one set today.

Omaha is just so freaking talented and fun to watch. They made a lot of service errors, but Limback just carried them at times. Limback had 25 kills tonight and is well on her way to her 4th consecutive Summit league player of the week honor. Mountjoy at libero and Clarkson at setter are really good and fun to watch. They have a reigning all summit first team player who they barely use in Blaschko. I hope they stun UMKC/Denver/USD and win the Summit.

I saw a lot of tape; I wonder if they were a little banged up tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaBison1 View Post
    I saw a lot of tape; I wonder if they were a little banged up tonight.
    That could be. Allie Scheiwiller wasn't there, but is still on the roster and played in their last matches. Mauch looked like she was getting some attention on her hand/finger and was stretching a lot more than usual when on the bench.

Bison drop another 5 set match to Omaha. Dropped the 1st, 4th, and 5th sets.

NDSU won't make the 4 team Summit Tournament.

Ali Hinze was really good today and Taylor Quan had some really nice digs too.