Page 289 of 339 FirstFirst ... 189239279287288289290291299 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,890 of 3388

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 1998braves64 View Post
    Any trade with Cousins included is a big no for me, unless we're getting a proven commodity that is better than Cousins, which there are very few of, and fewer that are "young" anymore or even technically available (like 0?).

Guess you can bookmark this post and come back to it if I have to eat crow with Scotties meth but I see that sort of trade going very badly for the Vikings, who the hell gets Trey up to speed? Mullens and picks trading, I can get on board a little more at least give them a bit of leash with that trade. Not an elite GM mind so maybe I'm missing something.

GoBison123 is all excited again.
    I suppose if the Vikes idea is that they aren't going to win with Kirk, they might as well try a younger guy with better physical tools?
    College of Business Alumnus

NDSUBowler is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Vikes can't trade Cousins before the draft...that'd be suicide to the season ($38mil cap hit if before June1).

Any trade with Cousins included is a big no for me, unless we're getting a proven commodity that is better than Cousins, which there are very few of, and fewer that are "young" anymore or even technically available (like 0?).

Guess you can bookmark this post and come back to it if I have to eat crow with Scotties meth but I see that sort of trade going very badly for the Vikings, who the hell gets Trey up to speed? Mullens and picks trading, I can get on board a little more at least give them a bit of leash with that trade. Not an elite GM mind so maybe I'm missing something.

It’s almost like you have to pick your poison. If you trade for Lance, Cousins won’t be happy with him on the roster while he’s there and it’s clear MN wants to move on from him. If you wait until after this year, you won’t get value for Cousins and Lance might be gone.

A better question is, since you know Cousins isn’t your long term plan, is there a better unproven QB commodity out there than Lance unless you’re banking on the draft? I can’t think of one.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by NDSUBowler View Post
    Vikes can't trade Cousins before the draft...that'd be suicide to the season ($38mil cap hit if before June1).
    Good point though.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    It’s almost like you have to pick your poison. If you trade for Lance, Cousins won’t be happy with him on the roster while he’s there and it’s clear MN wants to move on from him. If you wait until after this year, you won’t get value for Cousins and Lance might be gone.

A better question is, since you know Cousins isn’t your long term plan, is there a better unproven QB commodity out there than Lance unless you’re banking on the draft? I can’t think of one.
    Cousins probably wants out. He's a master of getting maximum contract value that he doesn't deserve. That only comes from new teams lol

Lance sitting behind him a year wouldn't be terrible though. Especially if they can work Lance in on some Tyler Roehl style QB power packages.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    Cousins probably wants out. He's a master of getting maximum contract value that he doesn't deserve. That only comes from new teams lol

Lance sitting behind him a year wouldn't be terrible though. Especially if they can work Lance in on some Tyler Roehl style QB power packages.
    Maybe he can play Tight End.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post

I'm sure he'd be enthused to once again be used as a '06 Tim Tebow.
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post

I'd say Cousins still has good 4-5 years left on him so I call him a mid-range term plan, granted as pointed out he likes to get paid but after last year would think he would like to stay, Zimmer was still around I could see he wouldn't want to stick around but feel like he had good chemistry between him and KOC unless I missed something. I'd rather they take a flyer on a guy in round 3 or 4 this year to see if he hits, if not then try at a 1st/2nd rounder in another couple of years. Obviously, having JJ coming up for a new contract way sooner rather than later and who will be throwing to him will be a big item for him I'm sure. So unproven QB commodity, I'd bet there are a few in the next 2-3 years that I'd "equate" to what Lance is right now. Is there anything right NOW no, but Vikings don't NEED unproven RIGHT NOW on their team IMO. Not sure Cousins would give a rip if Lance was on the roster BEHIND him but isn't that part of the equation making guys elevate themselves to stay at the top if Lance is going to be this "all-star" QB higher than say top 8 he's going to have to beat Cousins for his job. Just don't see that happening in the next 2-3 years from the limited exposure we've seen him in the NFL.

Plus the fact of trading him will be a huge cap hit that the Vikings would have to navigate but seems they find a way without hamstringing themselves too much only a bit, but believe it would have a ripple effect for another 2-3 years when they truly would be in "rebuild" mode without Cousins, and is JJ going to stay happy if Lance can't make the throws to him (should be able to but can he execute them?).

I'd say Cousins still has good 4-5 years left on him so I call him a mid-range term plan, granted as pointed out he likes to get paid but after last year would think he would like to stay, Zimmer was still around I could see he wouldn't want to stick around but feel like he had good chemistry between him and KOC unless I missed something. I'd rather they take a flyer on a guy in round 3 or 4 this year to see if he hits, if not then try at a 1st/2nd rounder in another couple of years. Obviously, having JJ coming up for a new contract way sooner rather than later and who will be throwing to him will be a big item for him I'm sure. So unproven QB commodity, I'd bet there are a few in the next 2-3 years that I'd "equate" to what Lance is right now. Is there anything right NOW no, but Vikings don't NEED unproven RIGHT NOW on their team IMO. Not sure Cousins would give a rip if Lance was on the roster BEHIND him but isn't that part of the equation making guys elevate themselves to stay at the top if Lance is going to be this "all-star" QB higher than say top 8 he's going to have to beat Cousins for his job. Just don't see that happening in the next 2-3 years from the limited exposure we've seen him in the NFL.

Plus the fact of trading him will be a huge cap hit that the Vikings would have to navigate but seems they find a way without hamstringing themselves too much only a bit, but believe it would have a ripple effect for another 2-3 years when they truly would be in "rebuild" mode without Cousins, and is JJ going to stay happy if Lance can't make the throws to him (should be able to but can he execute them?).
    I thought I read somewhere that Vikes are likely to move on from Cousins after this year because they didn’t pick up an optional extra year or extension (my memory is not helping me here and I’m too lazy to look it up)…

So if you know you’re going to be moving on from Cousins after this year (and Cousins knows this, too), what’s your best play to get a new QB in here?

I was grinning when I heard this news but it looks like Tennessee Titans are also in the mix. The real difficulty is evaluating Trey's market value, most teams are willing to offer 3rd round and a conditional 2nd round pick but 49ers gave up more than that for Trey, this may be a sticking point and determine where he goes.