Page 265 of 339 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    I doubt there is someone on this board who wishes success on NDSU athletes more than CAS does.
    Your comment makes you sound like you haven’t kept up with this thread. There has been both positive and negative shade thrown at Trey and his decisions. I sure as hell want Trey to succeed on the field. He has not said or done anything to make him unlikable. Every single person on this board would have made the exact same decision Trey did: listened to people in the know, accepted their advice, and made millions as a 20+ year old.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

I have zero animosity towards Trey. My irritation is with the people on this board who have removed their head from Carson's ass and firmly inserted it into Trey's. Objectively, Trey has one season as a college starter and some fair to ok games with the 49ers. I don't think anyone can argue that his career prospects wouldn't have improved with another year or two in Fargo. I understand the arguments against it--better QB crop later, lower draft position, possibility of injury, etc--and he certainly did what was best for him in terms of money. But in terms of him becoming an NFL starter, I think him coming out when he did was a mistake.

To put this in context, though, I felt the same way about Lebron....

One of the fallibilities of the individual investor is to fail to take profits for fear of a, b or c or just naked greed. In fact, it is never wrong to take a profit. Trey took a "profit" and as a result for the rest of his life he can choose to do whatever the hell he wants to do. One of those things I hope is invest his profit wisely.
    Don't believe everything you think.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    I have zero animosity towards Trey. My irritation is with the people on this board who have removed their head from Carson's ass and firmly inserted it into Trey's. Objectively, Trey has one season as a college starter and some fair to ok games with the 49ers. I don't think anyone can argue that his career prospects wouldn't have improved with another year or two in Fargo. I understand the arguments against it--better QB crop later, lower draft position, possibility of injury, etc--and he certainly did what was best for him in terms of money. But in terms of him becoming an NFL starter, I think him coming out when he did was a mistake.

Lower draft position? He was the 3rd overall pick! Not a 20 year old alive today when told he would be a top 5 pick would decide to stay in school. He breaks that ankle his 2nd year at NDSU it would have cost him millions!

Just a damn shame he got hurt early this year. This was supposed to be his coming out party. We would know a lot more about Trey’s ability to have success in the NFL than anyone does currently. Right now, just lots of speculation.

semobison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post

And, let’s not forget, Trey would have played two years at NDSU if the 2020 fall season wouldn’t have been moved to spring because of Covid. He would have been a RS sophomore. It sure would have been interesting. It would have been hard to top what he did in 2019. Maybe the best year for an FCS QB ever.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    Your comment makes you sound like you haven’t kept up with this thread. There has been both positive and negative shade thrown at Trey and his decisions. I sure as hell want Trey to succeed on the field. He has not said or done anything to make him unlikable. Every single person on this board would have made the exact same decision Trey did: listened to people in the know, accepted their advice, and made millions as a 20+ year old.
    Huh? What are you talking about
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Beg to differ given what you and others are saying here. Good for him for getting paid, but I doubt that was what he was really looking for. If it was, good for him. I’d rather see him playing well in the NFL. “But he didn’t have a chance/opportunity”—>bring it. He left NDSU on a prayer, and has to live with that. Life isn’t all about $$, but perhaps he/you will go with that. I don’t give a shit, nor lose any sleep over it. Bigger things to concern myself with.
    Leaving NDSU to go to the NFL as the number 3 overall pick in the draft is hardly “a prayer”…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by CAS4127 View Post
    Beg to differ given what you and others are saying here. Good for him for getting paid, but I doubt that was what he was really looking for. If it was, good for him. I’d rather see him playing well in the NFL. “But he didn’t have a chance/opportunity”—>bring it. He left NDSU on a prayer, and has to live with that. Life isn’t all about $$, but perhaps he/you will go with that. I don’t give a shit, nor lose any sleep over it. Bigger things to concern myself with.
    Dude was the third overall pick in the draft and you say he left on a prayer? He had it set up for success. Whether it works out or not is still to be seen. I used to listen to Petros Papadakis a lot and he would say something to the effect of don't do something for free which you can get paid for, particularly when your body is on the line*. People were willing to pay Trey big-time for his skillset. He made the right decision, not sure how you or anyone can doubt that.

*This was pre NIL so I'm sure there's more nuance to the topic now.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bison Chief View Post
    Dude was the third overall pick in the draft and you say he left on a prayer? He had it set up for success. Whether it works out or not is still to be seen. I used to listen to Petros Papadakis a lot and he would say something to the effect of don't do something for free which you can get paid for, particularly when your body is on the line*. People were willing to pay Trey big-time for his skillset. He made the right decision, not sure how you or anyone can doubt that.

*This was pre NIL so I'm sure there's more nuance to the topic now.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    He was ready to play his 2nd year and then they cancelled the season and there was no end in sight, so I cant question his loyalty. Many seniors left whether they were backups or stars like Radunz.

He knew he was a 1st round pick. He came off one of the best seasons in history and the NFL scouts were everywhere.

I questioned his NFL readiness becauae I watched every game and it was obvious to me he was uber talented but he needed a few more years in the system. Even my amatuer eyes could see we simplified things by making most of the reads on 1 half of the field and they schemed up the occasional throw back pass. He got by will his talent.

That being said, if you can make 38 million, you take it. It's generational wealth

But I dont expect him to be very good this year and he won't take a snap unless Purdy gets hurt. He still lacks experience and you cant get by on athleticism in the NFL. He might get traded and he will struggle with his new team because he will have to learn a brand new offense. He is so young, he should have just wrapped up his senior year with the option to play in 2023. His peak may be 2 to 4 years away

But if he never starts a game, he has earned 38 million.

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Leaving NDSU to go to the NFL as the number 3 overall pick in the draft is hardly “a prayer”…
    I think he is talking about NFL ready. Trey was no where near that. Just look at the one game he played in the Covid year. They tried to highlight his passing ability. How did that work out? He was awful in that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk