Page 256 of 339 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 3388

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Trade value though. They can get picks or guys.
    A 3rd-rounder, actually, according to ESPN…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    A 3rd-rounder, actually, according to ESPN…
    Good thing ESPN is the GM's of the NFL. They know all

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

They would save millions if they cut or traded him. Mostly if they cut him. (obviously they won't do either, nor should they, but just saying they can save alot)
    Not all contracts are the same....eh?
    No they wouldn't. Counting base salary and signing bonuses, Trey is due $9.3 million in 2023 & $10.8 million in 2024.

If Trey is released before 6/1 he costs the 49ers $20.1 million in dead money against the cap next year. A release after 6/1 costs the 49ers $14.6 million in dead money next year and an additional $5.5 million in dead money against the 2024 cap.

If Trey is traded before 6/1 he costs the 49ers $11 million in dead money against the cap. A trade after 6/1 costs the 49ers $5.5 million in in dead money next year and an additional $5.5 million in dead money against the 2024 cap.

With a trade they save about $10 million in 2024 or else about $4-5 million each of the next two years. But given his trade value right now and his relatively low cost it's unlikely the 49ers will trade him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-fran...0%2C153%2C117.

And you derive your supposed expertise from where?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

They’re not, but would you say that they maybe publish more meaningful, accurate content than, say, a random fan message board poster?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    They’re not, but would you say that they maybe publish more meaningful, accurate content than, say, a random fan message board poster?
    But I got the text bro eh

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    No they wouldn't. Counting base salary and signing bonuses, Trey is due $9.3 million in 2023 & $10.8 million in 2024.

If Trey is released before 6/1 he costs the 49ers $20.1 million in dead money against the cap next year. A release after 6/1 costs the 49ers $14.6 million in dead money next year and an additional $5.5 million in dead money against the 2024 cap.

If Trey is traded before 6/1 he costs the 49ers $11 million in dead money against the cap. A trade after 6/1 costs the 49ers $5.5 million in in dead money next year and an additional $5.5 million in dead money against the 2024 cap.

With a trade they save about $10 million in 2024 or else about $4-5 million each of the next two years. But given his trade value right now and his relatively low cost it's unlikely the 49ers will trade him.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/san-fran...0%2C153%2C117.
    You don't understand cap savings so I won't try to explain it. Dead money vs. Cap savings. There is a big difference in the amount. You can buy alot of players with the difference.
    I agreed they won't trade or cut him. IT would be a stupid thing to do. But, what I said was they could and save dollar bills and get other people with those dollar bills or draft picks.
    Trey is a Justin Fields type of guy. And Chicago is definitely taking offers on Justin. (according to ESPN which I've been told is better than my common sense, so I'll roll with ESPN)

You don't understand cap savings so I won't try to explain it. Dead money vs. Cap savings. Two different things. Dead money means you are paying it no matter what you do. Cap savings means...goddamit, I'm explaining it to you, I said I wouldn't. Shit
    Rick Speilman might want your advice though. Try to find his phone number.
    Ask scottie for it eh

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    And you derive your supposed expertise from where?
    Common sense usually.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

You don't understand cap savings so I won't try to explain it. Dead money vs. Cap savings. There is a big difference in the amount. You can buy alot of players with the difference.
    I agreed they won't trade or cut him. IT would be a stupid thing to do. But, what I said was they could and save dollar bills and get other people with those dollar bills or draft picks.
    Trey is a Justin Fields type of guy. And Chicago is definitely taking offers on Justin. (according to ESPN which I've been told is better than my common sense, so I'll roll with ESPN)
    The sources I'm looking at (and actually citing) tell a different story. But if they are wrong I'd love an explanation as to why, along with sources to corroborate.

https://sports.betmgm.com/en/blog/nf...cap-hits-bm07/

Dead cap money refers to guaranteed cash and bonuses for a player no longer on a team that hasn’t yet been paid and bonuses that haven’t been applied to a team’s salary cap.

In other words, if a team signs a player to a contract with guarantees and bonuses but then releases that player, the team is still on the hook to pay that money. It also counts toward salary caps for coming seasons, which can hinder that team’s future if the dead money is large enough.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...0five%20years.

Dead money is a salary cap charge for a player who is no longer on a team's roster. It exists because of how salary cap accounting rules operate.

Signing bonuses, option bonuses and certain roster bonuses are prorated or spread out evenly over the life of a contract for a maximum of five years. When a player is released, traded or retires, the remaining proration of these salary components immediately accelerate onto his team's current salary cap.