Page 250 of 339 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

BigLakeBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

It seems odd to me that SF would trade away Lance for a 3rd round pick this offseason if they don't have to. Currently he's still under contract with them for 2 more years for sure and I think all 1st rounders have a 5th year team option. With the likelihood of injuries in the NFL it would be ideal to have two young quarterbacks under team friendly contracts. Purdy is the starter moving forward given what he has been able to prove on the field but why would SF trade Lance for that little when both Quarterbacks are costing them almost nothing and they don't have to. Unless the situation becomes cancerous in the locker room it just seems really short sighted to trade him for a 3rd this offseason. The only reason they would trade him for a 3rd round pick is if they believe he is a complete bust and not a competent backup and will never have trade value higher than it is currently. Which seems completely unfathomable given the fact that they started out this season with Lance as the starter. I guess if they do trade him for a 3rd this offseason we can give Wolfie his medal immediately after.

49ers will trade Trey Lance only if Trey requests a trade and I think he should to regain his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    49ers will trade Trey Lance only if Trey requests a trade and I think he should to regain his confidence.
    You regain confidence by competing. Not by running away.

SF gave up a lot to get him. He should go show them why. The best place for his career is surrounded by that talent. Not going 7-10 at Minnesota while they wait to fire another coach.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes

This is coming from somewhere. I don’t think everyone in SF was convinced when they drafted him and that seems to still be the case. Seems like front office drama is more of an issue than locker room drama.

I do agree though that if you’re Lance and you see those other guys making Mr Irrelevant look like an NFL starter that is talent that you want to be around.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Lets just have the Eagles win on Sunday…Makes it easier to go back to Trey
    "North Dakota State is a big part of the fabric of college football right now."
    "North Dakota State is alive on the college football map."
    -Lee Fitting ESPN

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

I would think the 49ers in particular would realize the value in having backup qbs and Trey is still a cheap backup eh.

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    You regain confidence by competing. Not by running away.

SF gave up a lot to get him. He should go show them why. The best place for his career is surrounded by that talent. Not going 7-10 at Minnesota while they wait to fire another coach.
    You cant "compete" when everybody calls you a project QB, its just makes it easy to blame Trey for the loses. He cannot be a leader in the locker room at this rate. He needs follow Jalen Hurts strategy and go to Jets or Vikings or Tennessee where the entire team is hungry for success. Like Jalen Hurts did by going to Oklahoma when everybody went crazy for Tua in Alabama.
    Last edited by 123Gobison; 01-25-2023 at 12:31 AM.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

You cant "compete" when everybody calls you a project QB, its just makes it easy to blame Trey for the loses. He cannot be a leader in the locker room at this rate. He needs follow Jalen Hurts strategy and go to Jets or Vikings or Tennessee where the entire team is hungry for success. Like Jalen Hurts did by going to Oklahoma when everybody went crazy for Tua in Alabama.
    456 789 eh

Lardsin must go!

And what makes you think he has lost his confidence?
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Where is he going to go where they’ll stop calling him a project? He played one season of FCS football he IS a project. If hearing that is really a problem for him then that is a problem.
    Last edited by bisonaudit; 01-25-2023 at 01:35 AM.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie