Page 184 of 339 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Maybe it’s because Shanahan sees him everyday in practice and doesn’t like what he sees? Don’t know that but he sure isnt on the Trey train…..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Why is he not on the Trey train? Because he didn't start him in year 1? A year in which they went to the NFC title game and only lost by 3 to the eventual super bowl champs?
    The crazy logic of people on this board is hilarious.

Maybe Trey just isn't ready to be a starting QB. Maybe they didn't have a need to start him, seeing as how Jimmy got them to the NFC title game?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Why is he not on the Trey train? Because he didn't start him in year 1? A year in which they went to the NFC title game and only lost by 3 to the eventual super bowl champs?
    The crazy logic of people on this board is hilarious.

Maybe Trey just isn't ready to be a starting QB. Maybe they didn't have a need to start him, seeing as how Jimmy got them to the NFC title game?
    U make some valid points but overall perspective is needed. The ravens won a super bowl with dilfer and were looking to change QBs to get better because dilfer was not good. Just because u went far doesn’t mean you don’t have significant weaknesses. Jimmy was a decent qb but has his limitations. U could have made a case for trey in the packers game as every pass jimmy thru u got really scared almost like Jensen his junior year when it seemed like his turnovers caused as many points as our defense. And honestly there was an argument to pull him for wentz that year as well and If he had another really poor game like ISU blue they might have made a change.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Dear faithful, I'm going on a few youtube streaming channels this week to discuss Trey for the fandom. So I'm reaching out to as many as I can for various viewpoints/opinions. So I beg of you...all of you...this is YOUR chance to talk to bay area media about our boy.

If you could convey to the bay about Trey, what are the top 3 things you'd like to tell them, honestly.

Hit me back with replies and I'll tally them all up before the first one late Monday night.

Please and thank you! BISON PRIDE

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    U make some valid points but overall perspective is needed. The ravens won a super bowl with dilfer and were looking to change QBs to get better because dilfer was not good. Just because u went far doesn’t mean you don’t have significant weaknesses. Jimmy was a decent qb but has his limitations. U could have made a case for trey in the packers game as every pass jimmy thru u got really scared almost like Jensen his junior year when it seemed like his turnovers caused as many points as our defense. And honestly there was an argument to pull him for wentz that year as well and If he had another really poor game like ISU blue they might have made a change.
    That is true, but they didn't look to replace Dilfer during the season and call for his head.
    People on here think Jimmy should have been benched during the season and replaced.

There is no question that Trey is more talented than Jimmy, but saying he should have replaced him during the year and Kyle S. is a dummy is just insane. That is the consensus on this forum. When it comes to rational thinking, that goes out the window if someone played for NDSU. Check the Wentz thread for further proof.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

There was a point in the season when it seemed like the 49ers were unlikely to make the playoffs. It was fair to call for Trey then. Jimmy G. pulled it together, but he also had some injury concerns in the playoffs. I don’t think it was unreasonable to call for Trey based on Jimmy G.’s health and concerns about his ability to play at a high level. In hindsight, I think Shanahan made the right choice, but there were reasonable times to call for Trey to play throughout the season.

The people calling for Trey during the stretch that Jimmy was playing well were a little off base, but beyond that, it wasn’t too unreasonable. The coaches themselves were basically at a toss-up on who to play during several points in the season.
    Last edited by HerdistheWord; 03-07-2022 at 01:17 PM.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    . The coaches themselves were basically at a toss-up on who to play during several points in the season.
    I agree with the rest of your post but not this statement. I have no idea what coaches we actually thinking. All we have to go on is what they said and who they actually played. Shanahan was consistent in saying that if Jimmy COULD play that he WOULD play and that's pretty much what happened.
    Insert something clever here...

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I agree with the rest of your post but not this statement. I have no idea what coaches we actually thinking. All we have to go on is what they said and who they actually played. Shanahan was consistent in saying that if Jimmy COULD play that he WOULD play and that's pretty much what happened.
    Shannahan made comments after the season that contradicted this a bit. I think Jimmy G’s injury and readiness were a factor, but Trey was a lot closer to playing near the end of the season than coaches made it seem at the time.

gotts is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Deep North View Post
    Dear faithful, I'm going on a few youtube streaming channels this week to discuss Trey for the fandom. So I'm reaching out to as many as I can for various viewpoints/opinions. So I beg of you...all of you...this is YOUR chance to talk to bay area media about our boy.

If you could convey to the bay about Trey, what are the top 3 things you'd like to tell them, honestly.

Hit me back with replies and I'll tally them all up before the first one late Monday night.

Please and thank you! BISON PRIDE
    Nothing to add, but great job on Last Second Sports!
    Golden Rules of Bisonville:
    Being self-aware is knowing your head is firmly planted up your ass
    Never let facts get in the way of a good argument

Surefire Successful Bisonville Conversation Starters: Move to FBS, Scream Yellow, Zipper Merge, Pickleball Championships, Transfer Portal, The Rainforest, Fire Vigen Save Season, Fargodome Expansion, Toxic Locker Rooms, Marlboro Matt, Veer Offense, Whale of a Game, Rainin' Bitches, Frisco Cruiser Bus, BYU Fan Voting, Frisco is biased towards NDSU

I think the NFL is very risk averse. They like consistency. Jimmy gave them the best shot at winning. Trey hasn't played much football. It's entirely possible Trey would have given them the best chance of winning but seems pretty unlikely.

He'll get his shot this season, hopefully he learned a lot.
    College of Business Alumnus

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    Shannahan made comments after the season that contradicted this a bit. I think Jimmy G’s injury and readiness were a factor, but Trey was a lot closer to playing near the end of the season than coaches made it seem at the time.
    I don't remember anything EVER being said by coaches about him starting other than the weeks that he started. I'd love to know where I'm wrong about that because I was definitely paying attention. Likewise, what would make you believe that coaches were closer to starting him at the end of the season? Sure, I track the logic of why that would seem to be but I don't remember the COACHES saying anything of the sort.

To me, it seems like Shanahan works very hard to be consistent and believable and it is the press and the fans that just stir the pot. While I personally don't agree with how little TL saw the field this year, I don't see a tortured coaching staff at all.
    Insert something clever here...