Page 120 of 339 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Barring injury Jimmy G is going to start game 1. He is still a serviceable starter, 2 years removed from a Super Bowl appearance and Trey is still a rookie that could use a "redshirt" year like Mahomes did.
    One interesting issue with Jimmy G, is he is like 25 mill this year. Not sure how much of that is dead cap, but 49ers writer on the Insiders said it is possible they cut/trade him.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As much as I would love for TL to start right away and kick ass, if I were coach, I'd start GP but mix a bunch of situational plays with TL. If you're going to play both guys, I wouldn't do it by demising series by player. Rather, I'd bring Trey in on every 3rd and 6 or more. I'd also mix him in randomly in other situations to keep the defense on their heals. Plus, there are a bunch of awesome 2-QB plays that could really mess with defenses.

Jimmy's awesome. Keeping him as starter for a bit longer, maybe the entire season, and having a healthy amount of Trey could make the 49ers offense pretty unstoppable. I normally hate it when coaches have 2 QB's going back and forth but I've never seen a situation like this. If you look at the entire breadth of skillset and experience that Jimmy and Trey have collectively, I don't know if there's a team that can match it.
    Insert something clever here...

Not sure putting a rookie in on a bunch of 3rd and longs would do much for his confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    As much as I would love for TL to start right away and kick ass, if I were coach, I'd start GP but mix a bunch of situational plays with TL. If you're going to play both guys, I wouldn't do it by demising series by player. Rather, I'd bring Trey in on every 3rd and 6 or more. I'd also mix him in randomly in other situations to keep the defense on their heals. Plus, there are a bunch of awesome 2-QB plays that could really mess with defenses.

Jimmy's awesome. Keeping him as starter for a bit longer, maybe the entire season, and having a healthy amount of Trey could make the 49ers offense pretty unstoppable. I normally hate it when coaches have 2 QB's going back and forth but I've never seen a situation like this. If you look at the entire breadth of skillset and experience that Jimmy and Trey have collectively, I don't know if there's a team that can match it.
    This....when Jimmy is healthy, it is easy to forget just how damn good he is.

VirginiaBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Cohn Zone Report - worth a listen to gain some understanding of Kyle Shanahan as a QB mentor and what happened with TL in the preseason game with KC
    You wanta play football, any school will do; ... You wanta learn football, NDSU is for you!

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post

Taking off your veteran starting qb every 3rd and 6+ seems like a recipe for failure.
    College of Business Alumnus

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    Taking off your veteran starting qb every 3rd and 6+ seems like a recipe for failure.
    Perhaps you're right. It shows how perception and bias come into someone's opinion. My thought was that Trey is somewhat unflappable in pressure situations and also has the physical tools to aid when the shit is going down and you need a bigger play. However:

https://clutchpoints.com/49ers-news-...s-this-season/
    Insert something clever here...

I may have missed it, but I haven't seen it posted yet. Here's another installment of the special they're doing of Trey:

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49...dsu-title-game
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

The 49ers are going to try getting as much out of JG as they can. 5 games or 15 games, it will be what it is. The goal will be get Lance as much education as possible in whatever time period it is.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

17>1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

I want Trey to start so I have a reason to go to that 49ers Philly game the day after the Towson game
    8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17>1