Page 101 of 339 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 56BISON73 View Post
    When you match that description perfectly why try and improve on whats already been proven.
    Wow thats a lot of thinking, for you.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Wow thats a lot of thinking, for you.
    For you I sure thats true.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."

Do kids still say "I know you are but what am I?"

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I know that yours is a popular opinion in sports media but I honestly don't get it. If you're concerned about a guy's lack of reps, why bench him? It makes no sense to me. In the event that he doesn't have the terminology and playbook down, etc., that makes sense but Trey's best chance for improvement is to play live game reps and then study the film for corrections.

If his past tells us anything, Trey's going to be working really hard through to the start of the season. Carson and Easton have likely helped him to understand what that means and how best to be mentally prepared. Shanahan's offense, while cool, is not exactly cerebral. While certainly more complicated, there are a ton of similarities to what Trey has done at NDSU. Kyle will also have plenty of specific plays just for Trey. I feel that there's a good chance that he has his head straight on time for the season.
    Well, in Trey's case he also just turned 21. You're right that he can probably progress faster with game reps but I think guys can also regress faster with game reps if they're not ready if that makes sense. There's a ton of things for a QB to improve about his game that can be done in practice and in the film room and don't require game reps. Wentz and Stick were both 2+ years older than Trey at this point in their pro careers, I think that does/will make a difference.

Twincitybizon is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Well, in Trey's case he also just turned 21. You're right that he can probably progress faster with game reps but I think guys can also regress faster with game reps if they're not ready if that makes sense. There's a ton of things for a QB to improve about his game that can be done in practice and in the film room and don't require game reps. Wentz and Stick were both 2+ years older than Trey at this point in their pro careers, I think that does/will make a difference.
    Yuuup, plus if a player gets their confidence shredded it may never come back.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDuke View Post
    Do kids still say "I know you are but what am I?"
    Here's to alcohol, the cause of—and solution to—all life's problems. (Homer Simpson)

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bri-dog View Post
    That's pretty much perfect for the situation.
    Insert something clever here...

Some Trey Lance news. Looks like he had a good day today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69iKDgVF8Gg

Quote Originally Posted by Twincitybizon View Post
    Yuuup, plus if a player gets their confidence shredded it may never come back.
    I’d say someone’s confidence gets more damaged if they spend years preparing for something and then struggle vs being thrown into the fire and struggle

Quote Originally Posted by SamsRams View Post
    I’d say someone’s confidence gets more damaged if they spend years preparing for something and then struggle vs being thrown into the fire and struggle
    Who cares about confidence. It’s about execution. If you’re not prepared you have no chance.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie