Page 321 of 339 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

too much NDSU hate in the Twin Cities Media/Vikings PR people etc via Gopher fans, etc. that's the problem.
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Wentz did finish 3rd in the MVP voting that year - I would say that is pretty good player that year.

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by blackdiamond2 View Post
    Wentz did finish 3rd in the MVP voting that year - I would say that is pretty good player that year.
    He was MVP that year if he didn't get injured, but the Vikings didn't pass on him.

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    I never should have mentioned Wentz. By the time the Vikings had a shot a him he wasn't good.

I said "really good" not career journeyman.
    Incorrect. You said “really good Bison”… here’s your post:

Quote Originally Posted by natstar1 View Post
    Here is the list of really good Bison the Vikings have passed over in the last 15 years:
    …to me, “really good Bison” means they were really good players for the Bison, good enough to be drafted by an NFL team. Not even thinking of Wentz or Lance, can we agree that the Vikings have passed on at least 3 “really good Bison” in the last 15 years?
    Last edited by heffray; 08-29-2023 at 02:48 PM.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Incorrect. You said “really good Bison”… here’s your post:

…to me, “really good Bison” means they were really good players for the Bison, good enough to be drafted by an NFL team. Not even thinking of Wentz or Lance, can we agree that the Bison have passed on at least 3 “really good Bison” in the last 15 years?
    I wouldn't even respond to him. The Vikings have had serious Oline needs and have passed on some nice Bison olineman and have drafted other players that have been worse in those spots than the Bison lineman have been. Billy Turner would have been a really good player for them when they were in desparate need of olinemen when he was a free agent (twice possibly, but mainly after he was with the Broncos the first time) instead the Packers signed him and he was really good for them. Watson has the ability to be a fantastic WR and the Packers used the Vikings pick. Trey Lance made sense for the Vikings to try a fourth round pick to get based on their current roster structure. There are more. Its not about how great were some of these players its about for example not using a fourth or fifth round pick on say Joe Haeg and the guy you grab instead at that spot is horrible and you cut him first year. So yes they have continually done it.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I wouldn't even respond to him. The Vikings have had serious Oline needs and have passed on some nice Bison olineman and have drafted other players that have been worse in those spots than the Bison lineman have been. Billy Turner would have been a really good player for them when they were in desparate need of olinemen when he was a free agent (twice possibly, but mainly after he was with the Broncos the first time) instead the Packers signed him and he was really good for them. Watson has the ability to be a fantastic WR and the Packers used the Vikings pick. Trey Lance made sense for the Vikings to try a fourth round pick to get based on their current roster structure. There are more. Its not about how great were some of these players its about for example not using a fourth or fifth round pick on say Joe Haeg and the guy you grab instead at that spot is horrible and you cut him first year. So yes they have continually done it.
    Yeah that’s what I’m getting at, but I think the OP meant something other than what they typed…
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    …to me, “really good Bison” means they were really good players for the Bison, good enough to be drafted by an NFL team. Not even thinking of Wentz or Lance, can we agree that the Vikings have passed on at least 3 “really good Bison” in the last 15 years?
    Yes. Point taken.

Interesting update. Apologies if this has already been shared.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/t...wNZfFb4_Xujj_8

The ABCs of NDSU SPORTSMANSHIP:

GoAmy…GoBison…GoCarson!!!

Bison proving that great play and great sportsmanship and character go hand in hand.

Quote Originally Posted by MangyOldBison View Post
    Interesting update. Apologies if this has already been shared.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/t...wNZfFb4_Xujj_8
    He said he would rather be playing in warm weather instead of cold and snow. Hope he hadn't said that.