Page 319 of 339 FirstFirst ... 219269309317318319320321329 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,190 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mtoutfitter View Post
    Don't you think Volson and Watson are playing at fairly high levels?
    Of course they are. What did I write that would make you think otherwise?
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Of course they are. What did I write that would make you think otherwise?
    Confusion on whether “none of these guys” refers to the QBs or all former bison I think
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

For what it’s worth, Jerry jones was talking on local tv before the game and named Trey the heir apparent to Dak. Something along the lines of: if you can get your QB of the future for a 4th round pick, you say yes before you let the other guy hang up the phone.

Probably a perfect situation for Trey. He’ll have as much time as he needs here.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldogg View Post
    I truly wish it was the smelly Bisons we were playing Saturday. How could you all have shit the bed like that (SHSU)?
    *one day later*

Jerry sees a little Jalen Hurts in Trey, I cannot disagree with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwRK88RFEqw&t=405

mtoutfitter is online now Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Confusion on whether “none of these guys” refers to the QBs or all former bison I think
    Correct. I should have worded my question better. Thank You.
    Life is tough, but it's even tougher if you're stupid.......John Wayne

/End Lakes. Roll Herd!

For those wondering about the Vikings interest (or non-interest in this case)

Kevin Seifert
    @SeifertESPN
    ·19h

The #Vikings were not in on the Trey Lance talks at all yesterday. He might have been a consideration before the draft, but they are invested now in 5th-round pick Jaren Hall. Kevin O'Connell today on Hall: "I would definitely like to keep him around." (1/4)

More O'Connell: "My philosophy when you're going to draft a quarterback is you pour into him on a daily basis. 'Development' is a huge word, but I love the fact that we got him as many reps as we did this camp." (2/4)

More O'Connell: "I feel like Jaren has a really, really good understanding of our offense, where he can grow, where his comfort level can grow, and hopefully hit the ground running the next opportunity he gets." (3/4)

Hall played all of today's game. Started off sharp with 2nd-team line/skill players. Things got messy as substitutions commenced. 16-for-27, 178 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 6 sacks. O'Connell: "Might not show up stat-sheet wise but I thought it was a real positive day for Jaren." (4/4)

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    For those wondering about the Vikings interest (or non-interest in this case)
    you have to be the dumbest person on earth. seriously. what the HELL do you think the Vikings are going to say publicly??
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    you have to be the dumbest person on earth. seriously. what the HELL do you think the Vikings are going to say publicly??
    He's smarter then you????

Lardsin must go!

There were some interesting posts earlier that Lance should have stayed in school longer. I think people forget what was going on. Covid fall that didn't get canceled until summer that would have included the ducks. When the fall was canceled, it was too late to transfer. No one was sure if spring football was going to happen and Lance actually helped the school by saying he probably was going to enter the draft so they could work other QBs into the system. There were schools that didn't play football at all that year, and some that quit a few games in. He informally declared a projected top 40 pick.

There isn't anyone advising him not to enter as a first or early second round pick, let alone a top ten pick. SF really had no business selecting Lance unless they were going to play him right away and take their lumps while he learned. Should have gone the Josh Allen route and sucked up the 5-6 season.

Someone said there are people who think Wentz wasn't at fault. Actually, his best seasons were those which he had decent offensive lines in front of him. You can't do it on your own, and those seasons where the o- line was most shaky and performed at low levels, Wentz had his worse seasons and ended up hurt or with ugly stats. He'll play again and it will be for someone with a solid line. He will look really good.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

natstar1 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I am beginning to despise the Vikings. They do not draft or pickup any bison even when it has made a lot of sense over the years. They could have Watson over this nut job they picked up this year and there has been so many examples over the years it is terrible including Signing billy turner a couple of times. There are so many examples it is dumb.
    Here is the list of really good Bison the Vikings have passed over in the last 15 years: