Page 278 of 339 FirstFirst ... 178228268276277278279280288328 ... LastLast
Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ByeSonBusiness View Post
    But do you want the Vikings to spend substantial draft capital to secure a dude who hasn't played much in years? I'm guessing the 49ers would want to recoup fair bit.
    I wouldn’t, so my hope would be that the 49ers think Cousins is the guy who will lead them to that Super Bowl win - if that is the case then in my purpled view SF would be lucky to get Cousins in a one for one trade. Vikings can get eventual salary cap relief (iirc it would be better after June 1st to finish the deal). Any picks from SF would be a bonus.

But do you want the Vikings to spend substantial draft capital to secure a dude who hasn't played much in years? I'm guessing the 49ers would want to recoup fair bit.
    Given how the new Vikings brain trust performed in their first draft last year (in terms of trades and selections) it might be better for them to have fewer draft picks.

Disclaimer: I will forever be jaded against them for trading the pick they used to take Christian Watson to the Packers.

I am pretty confident the 49ers have VERY little leverage in the Trey trade scenario. Especially if Kirk is involved which was my assumption. SF gets to attack their current winning window with a QB that their HC loves and is what they need, a great game manager. 49ers might be the only team in the league right now that could win the Super Bowl with a non-elite QB.

Honestly in my opinion they would probably owe the Vikings additional compensation in this scenario. Trey hasn't proved ANYTHING in the NFL yet, a legit injury risk, and has already burned 2 of his 4 sought after dirt cheap rookie contract years. They would have an immediately healthy and pro-bowl(ish) QB familiar with the offensive scheme, Darnold as the early season experienced backup, and Purdy as their QB of the future when he gets healthy if the Kirk window doesn't pan out.

Just my thoughts
    Rixen

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Given how the new Vikings brain trust performed in their first draft last year (in terms of trades and selections) it might be better for them to have fewer draft picks.

Disclaimer: I will forever be jaded against them for trading the pick they used to take Christian Watson to the Packers.
    my jadedness goes all the back to the Hershel Walker debacle; they traded the farm for Walker......... a deal that went down in infamy.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

As bad as the Walker trade was the Vikings results afterwards are not as bad as they could have been. Yes it is the trade that propelled the Cowboys to glory but the Vikings may have screwed up those draft picks anyway. Besides the year following the trade the Vikings were pretty good in the 90’s. The trades this last year to give Detroit and the packers unreal receivers was just plain dumb as well.

The twolves trade for Gobert in my opinion is probably worse than the Walker trade.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Tough to compare NBA trades with NFL trades i think, since good NBA teams can be built without drafting well. NFL all but requires drafting well.
    College of Business Alumnus

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Tough to compare NBA trades with NFL trades i think, since good NBA teams can be built without drafting well. NFL all but requires drafting well.
    I would argue it depends on the market. The Vikings are actually able to get talent to come to them via free agency and have shown that over the years, while the Twolves have no chance of getting a really good player via free agency.

I would love the Vikes to get Trey, but it would take the right deal to do that.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    my jadedness goes all the back to the Hershel Walker debacle; they traded the farm for Walker......... a deal that went down in infamy.
    Probably wouldn't have been that bad of a trade if they would have used Walker correctly and not cared about fucking Rick Fenney getting his carries.

49ers enquired about Cousins and Trading Trey to Minnesota during combine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBGp1-H0Lno

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    49ers enquired about Cousins and Trading Trey to Minnesota during combine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBGp1-H0Lno
    Still say this is a terrible idea for Vikings organization. Obviously talking happened but if it happens the Vikings better get a butt load of picks for cousins proven worth vs giving up picks for trey's possible ceiling which I'm not even sure his game translates well to NFL. He's a runner and apt to be injury prone.

Kirk has been very durable, only reason he isn't flirting with records connective starts is because they sat him and other starters in 2019 for the last week of the season. Obviously COVID year would have interrupted it too but never heard he was so sick that he wouldn't have played if protocol had let him.

The only way I'm in favor of this and swallow my "bitterness" is if they get something in draft picks a couple this year and maybe one next year. Straight up never imo but that's just me.

Vikings do need to start thinking about the future though because cousins will be 35 in August.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk