Page 239 of 339 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249289 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I wonder what will happen next year if San Fran goes on a run. When watching last night jimmy G had guys open literally everywhere. That team is loaded on offense and should make a run.
    Could be a bad deal for Lance if SF goes deep into the playoffs. GG is winning 70%of the games he starts, that could put him into the semi-finals or even the SB. At that point GG either becomes a great trading tool, or, god forbid they trade Lance of make him sit behind GG next year. Hard to sit a guy in the pros who is winning at 70% at QB.
    From the movie THE PROGRAM

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by 1st&TennBison View Post
    Could be a bad deal for Lance if SF goes deep into the playoffs. GG is winning 70%of the games he starts, that could put him into the semi-finals or even the SB. At that point GG either becomes a great trading tool, or, god forbid they trade Lance of make him sit behind GG next year. Hard to sit a guy in the pros who is winning at 70% at QB.
    I put that question out there about Trey cause I think it could be a bad deal as well. I wish both Trey and Wentz would have had a chance in this offense as San Fran is so loaded. Jimmy G is like a Cousins and Wentz in that you put a good team around him he can do well, but without that he struggles. That is just the reality of QBs in that 10-20 area of the NFL.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowgoose View Post
    I put that question out there about Trey cause I think it could be a bad deal as well. I wish both Trey and Wentz would have had a chance in this offense as San Fran is so loaded. Jimmy G is like a Cousins and Wentz in that you put a good team around him he can do well, but without that he struggles. That is just the reality of QBs in that 10-20 area of the NFL.
    Jimmy G is like Alex Smith. No one appreciates him for what he is worth. The guy is cool headed and if San Fran losses it isn't going to be because of the QB, and as well, if they win, it might not be because of the QB either. Right now Trey is an unproven commodity and most likely not very tradable for what San Fran needs/wants for him. So I think Jimmy G is gone for sure at the end of this year especially if the niners do well, his stock will be high. Plus, JG is very durable for a guy who is not big at 6'2 225 pounds and probably has 4-5 years left in him.

Regent Chairman: This is not a football vocational school. It's an institute for higher learning.
    Coach Winters: Yeah, but when was the last time 80,000 people showed up to watch a kid do a damn chemistry experiment? Why don't you stick the bow-tie up your ass?

Jimmy G is like Alex Smith. No one appreciates him for what he is worth. The guy is cool headed and if San Fran losses it isn't going to be because of the QB, and as well, if they win, it might not be because of the QB either. Right now Trey is an unproven commodity and most likely not very tradable for what San Fran needs/wants for him. So I think Jimmy G is gone for sure at the end of this year especially if the niners do well, his stock will be high. Plus, JG is very durable for a guy who is not big at 6'2 225 pounds and probably has 4-5 years left in him.
    Jimmy G is auditioning for next team. He had 5-6 years with 49ers and yet 49ers chose "an unproven commodity" like you say. You cannot compare a veteran who had 9 years of experience in the league , plus 6 years in a team that he is familiar with, to a young QB who never played competitive football in 3 year years. Trey needs reps, not his fault he got injured.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Durable? He has missed a LOT of time due to injuries. One of the reasons they wanted to replace him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    Durable? He has missed a LOT of time due to injuries. One of the reasons they wanted to replace him.

True he has had some injuries, but at least two of them were on hits that probably would have taken out James Harrison. Other than that 1-2 injuries for a few games. The guy is basically built like Drew Brees, one inch taller and five pounds heavier, no real speed, no big arm, but he is smart and does not kill your offense.

Garapolo out for the season with a broken foot. Brock Purdy now the starter.
    North Dakota State, a football team the big boys of college football should avoid like the plague, helped christen a $90 million renovation to Snyder Family Stadium — including a statue of famed Kansas State coach Bill Snyder himself — by taking a sledgehammer to the place.
    Bob Lutz, The Wichita Eagle, August 30th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by KSBisonFan View Post
    Garapolo out for the season with a broken foot. Brock Purdy now the starter.
    Start the Purdy over Lance rumors now.

Last edited by TAILG8R; 12-05-2022 at 03:30 PM.

I know they said Lance is out for the year. But now with the jimmy injury. Is there a slim chance at all that Lance could be back?

Quote Originally Posted by bison22 View Post
    I know they said Lance is out for the year. But now with the jimmy injury. Is there a slim chance at all that Lance could be back?
    Nope, Kyle Shanahan was asked this question during the post game interview. He said no categorically. It is Brock Purdy's team now.