Page 207 of 339 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307 ... LastLast
Results 2,061 to 2,070 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

It's weird seeing Skip Bayless be a Trey Lance stan after he's shit on Carson Wentz his entire career.

Pretty much just confirms that ol' Skippy just flips a coin to figure out what side of a sports debate he's going to be on and then clings to it like it was gospel until the bloody end.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    It's weird seeing Skip Bayless be a Trey Lance stan after he's shit on Carson Wentz his entire career.

Pretty much just confirms that ol' Skippy just flips a coin to figure out what side of a sports debate he's going to be on and then clings to it like it was gospel until the bloody end.
    Sometimes I think that Skip and Max Kellerman are the same guy. Both just seem to exist to serve as the dumb other perspective that then needs to be discussed. At least I hope they aren't serious about most of their "opinions" on the NFL. As bad as Skip, Kellerman is a total nutjob.
    Insert something clever here...

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post

Not to defend Skip or the whole hot take debate format industrial complex, but other than them both attending NDSU I’m struggling to understand why coming down on opposite sides here would necessitate a coin flip. Seems like a person should be allowed to like one of their games or potential or whatever and not the other for any number of reasons more substantial than a random number generator.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    Not to defend Skip or the whole hot take debate format industrial complex, but other than them both attending NDSU I’m struggling to understand why coming down on opposite sides here would necessitate a coin flip. Seems like a person should be allowed to like one of their games or potential or whatever and not the other for any number of reasons more substantial than a random number generator.
    IIRC his main knock on Carson out of college was level of competition and that he didn't throw the ball all that much with the offense he ran in college. The same applies to Trey... he was a better runner than Carson was but if you want to knock the FCS level of competition I'd think you'd be more inclined to discount the running ability than the passing ability (since if you want to claim the pass defense is a notch below at the FCS level you should also acknowledge that the pass catchers are also a notch below).

Of course if you know Skip's schtick the most likely reason he hated on Carson is because he has to maintain his Cowboys (along with his Tom Brady/San Antonio Spurs/Oklahoma football/anti-Lebron) bobo persona so he therefore has to shit on any Eagle player he can. It just seems weird to see him carrying water for Trey when I normally hate his takes... makes me uncomfortable since he makes a (very good) living off of having controversial opinions that drive clicks/views and not much else when it comes to being informed.

Quote Originally Posted by NDGooch View Post
    Anyone else heading to the Vikings game on the 20th hoping to see Trey play a quarter or two? Tickets are very affordable I thought. Now just hoping he plays some.
    The Forum has a story indicating Kyle Shanahan doesn't expect Trey to play in the Minnesota preseason game.
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...y-in-minnesota
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The Forum has a story indicating Kyle Shanahan doesn't expect Trey to play in the Minnesota preseason game.
    https://www.inforum.com/sports/bison...y-in-minnesota
    Yea, I read that. Oh well, chance I took going to a pre season game. At least the tickets were cheap.
    2021 Bisonville Masters Pool Champion

Kyle better freakin play trey. his mom/Gma rounded up about 500 tickets!!

plus I'm taking 10. WTF!!!
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    Kyle better freakin play trey. his mom/Gma rounded up about 500 tickets!!

plus I'm taking 10. WTF!!!
    I'm sure your concerns are weighing heavily on Kyle's mind.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey just threw a beautiful 76-yard td in his 2nd drive. His night will be over.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey with the dime. Grey can fly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk