Page 266 of 339 FirstFirst ... 166216256264265266267268276316 ... LastLast
Results 2,651 to 2,660 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by steelbison View Post
    I think he is talking about NFL ready. Trey was no where near that. Just look at the one game he played in the Covid year. They tried to highlight his passing ability. How did that work out? He was awful in that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Even if that’s true, every single one of us would have declared for the draft knowing you’d be drafted high on day 1… I don’t understand questioning that decision at all.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    He was ready to play his 2nd year and then they cancelled the season and there was no end in sight, so I cant question his loyalty. Many seniors left whether they were backups or stars like Radunz.

He knew he was a 1st round pick. He came off one of the best seasons in history and the NFL scouts were everywhere.

I questioned his NFL readiness becauae I watched every game and it was obvious to me he was uber talented but he needed a few more years in the system. Even my amatuer eyes could see we simplified things by making most of the reads on 1 half of the field and they schemed up the occasional throw back pass. He got by will his talent.

That being said, if you can make 38 million, you take it. It's generational wealth

But I dont expect him to be very good this year and he won't take a snap unless Purdy gets hurt. He still lacks experience and you cant get by on athleticism in the NFL. He might get traded and he will struggle with his new team because he will have to learn a brand new offense. He is so young, he should have just wrapped up his senior year with the option to play in 2023. His peak may be 2 to 4 years away

But if he never starts a game, he has earned 38 million.
    IMO, that’s an extremely accurate summary…

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Even if that’s true, every single one of us would have declared for the draft knowing you’d be drafted high on day 1… I don’t understand questioning that decision at all.
    Exactly! They was the easiest decision anyone would make. Circumstances around the timing of COVID and his injury this year and Purdy taking advantage of his opportunity are all beyond his control. The fact this resulted in a lack of live snaps during a key part of his developmental years may ultimately hurt him. We will have to see. I hope he's at least given a chance somewhere.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

I think he is talking about NFL ready. Trey was no where near that. Just look at the one game he played in the Covid year. They tried to highlight his passing ability. How did that work out? He was awful in that game.

Yet, people who have made a career in this industry made a decision to draft him at #3. Maybe, people here know better? Time will tell but I do find some of these takes hilarious and ignorant. I tend to look toward the actions of the experts. Also, is it in Lance's best interest to play right away? Take a look at the most successful QBs over the past 10 years. A high percentage of them didn't play year 1, 2, or even 3. He was awfully good at NDSU - let's hope that can ultimately translate to success in the NFL.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctbison View Post
    Yet, people who have made a career in this industry made a decision to draft him at #3. Maybe, people here know better? Time will tell but I do find some of these takes hilarious and ignorant. I tend to look toward the actions of the experts. Also, is it in Lance's best interest to play right away? Take a look at the most successful QBs over the past 10 years. A high percentage of them didn't play year 1, 2, or even 3. He was awfully good at NDSU - let's hope that can ultimately translate to success in the NFL.
    And then didn't play him, and then ran him until he was hurt, and then eh.

Tink they told him to delete some tweets to eh

All since teh draft eh.

I got 9ers gear eh.

Can i wear 4 year old eagles stuff eh?

Lardsin must go!

Quote Originally Posted by GCWaters View Post
    Apples and oranges....Jimmy G played 45 games in college and had over 1600 attempts. His level of experience when he hit the NFL is significantly better than Trey's....
    But he played in a weaker conference and only had one playoff win. /sortapurple
    It's OK to not be OK.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ctbison View Post
    Great athlete no doubt. But an nfl qb that is Uber accurate and can read defenses and throw guys open. Hasn’t shown that at all. Totally get it can happen for him and he is young. But accuracy and throwing on time are essential and by all accounts

Also he is a good runner but not dynamic like a Lamar. If he was he could get away with not being developed in the passing game.

Great athlete no doubt. But an nfl qb that is Uber accurate and can read defenses and throw guys open. Hasn’t shown that at all. Totally get it can happen for him and he is young. But accuracy and throwing on time are essential and by all accounts

Also he is a good runner but not dynamic like a Lamar. If he was he could get away with not being developed in the passing game.

This is exactly what they said about Jalen Hurts and Josh Allen, they both turned out okay. Trey has to work on his accuracy this offseason like a man possessed.

TreyLanceHate.jpg
    Just shaking my head, why so much hate for Trey, especially folks from North Dakota. Why ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    TreyLanceHate.jpg
    Just shaking my head, why so much hate for Trey, especially folks from North Dakota. Why ?
    No hate. He just hasnt proven himself to be a NFL QB as of yet.
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."