Page 259 of 339 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Purdys length of recover will depend if he needs full reconstruction or not ie tommy John. Maybe someone here would say what his recovery may be for if it is full or not, but no chance Lance is traded now. Reality is Lance needed a setback based on what was going on it appeared like his behavior was headed in the wrong direction. This setback may really help him and he did get lucky as Purdy was clearly qb1 till this happened.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.

Quote Originally Posted by MyOhMy View Post
    Not to wish any bad mojo on Purdy but Lance is the luckiest SOB in the NFL right now.
    You must be living under a rock or recently discovered Football. There is no way Trey Lance will be a starting QB for 49ers. Best case scenario for him is to get traded, worst case scenario is for him to stay with the 49ers. Here are the reasons why. The 49ers roster is loaded with the best players in NFL at every position, almost. They have the best RBs, very good DLine lead by Nick Bosa, top TE George Kittle they are loaded everywhere top to bottom except QB. Trey Lance has lost the locker room, the veterans have 0 respect for him. The top management has lost all confidence in him. This is not me saying this, this is coming from seasoned 49ers sports writers. They saw first hand how the team , players and coaches reacted to Trey Lance and how they reacted when Brock was around and said, there is a "night and day difference" in how teammates and management treat Brock and Trey Lance. The veterans in the locker room want nothing to do with Trey. He is a getting paid $33 million compared to Brock Purdy who is getting paid like what $70,000. So keeping Trey reduces veterans chances to negotiate for a bigger pay, not so much with Brock Purdy plus Brock took them to the Conference Championship game.

Enter Tom Brady. He wants to win one more title and no other team is better suited other than 49ers. Plus this is his home team. Tom Brady is a Bay Area kid so this is a match made in haven.

200% chance that 49ers will write off Trey Lance as a loss and ship him to Tennessee , sigh Tom Brady for 1 year and keep Brock Purdy as a back up. Bookmark this post and come back in April or May if this does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    You must be living under a rock or recently discovered Football. There is no way Trey Lance will be a starting QB for 49ers. Best case scenario for him is to get traded, worst case scenario is for him to stay with the 49ers. Here are the reasons why. The 49ers roster is loaded with the best players in NFL at every position, almost. They have the best RBs, very good DLine lead by Nick Bosa, top TE George Kittle they are loaded everywhere top to bottom except QB. Trey Lance has lost the locker room, the veterans have 0 respect for him. The top management has lost all confidence in him. This is not me saying this, this is coming from seasoned 49ers sports writers. They saw first hand how the team , players and coaches reacted to Trey Lance and how they reacted when Brock was around and said, there is a "night and day difference" in how teammates and management treat Brock and Trey Lance. The veterans in the locker room want nothing to do with Trey. He is a getting paid $33 million compared to Brock Purdy who is getting paid like what $70,000. So keeping Trey reduces veterans chances to negotiate for a bigger pay, not so much with Brock Purdy plus Brock took them to the Conference Championship game.

Enter Tom Brady. He wants to win one more title and no other team is better suited other than 49ers. Plus this is his home team. Tom Brady is a Bay Area kid so this is a match made in haven.

200% chance that 49ers will write off Trey Lance as a loss and ship him to Tennessee , sigh Tom Brady for 1 year and keep Brock Purdy as a back up. Bookmark this post and come back in April or May if this does not happen.
    Ted Kaczynski offers writing workshops for people like you
    College of Business Alumnus

Or bookmark it and come back in two days...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-football-good

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Or bookmark it and come back in two days...

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-football-good

With the veteran mafia that controls the 49ers locker room I dont see how Trey would get a fair chance. Purdy is in a more locker room friendly contract. If they cant get a veteran QB they may want to keep Trey as a backup for Purdy but I dont see how that will help Trey.

Match made in heaven killed by Brady's retirement...

Brock Purdy made $782,008. Not 70 grand. That was his signing bonus

Trey could be a great QB if he runs the same offense everyone else does. But they want to run a totally different offense since he is a freak athlete. If I was the 49ers, I wouldnt change an offense that is plug and play and got them to the NFC Championship for Trey. Thats dumb. If he cant run the same offense, he shouldnt be the QB.

Thats what they dont respect. It has nothing to do with Trey as a leader or QB

17X National Champions: 65, 68, 69, 83, 85, 86, 88, 90, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 21

Join the Green and the Gold Collective to take Bison football to the next level. Starts at $10 a month

The Green and The Gold Collective is excited to announce our #DriveToFive membership campaign. The goal of this campaign is to get to 500 monthly members. Reaching this goal will help us provide financial support to NDSU student athletes, including every returning member of the football team that saw action on the field last year!

https://thegreenandthegold.com

Interview with Trey about Brock....pretty positive on his part:

“Brock, he plays the game the right way. That’s why he had so much success,” Lance said, via David Bonilla of 49erswebzone.com. “I was just super excited for him. He worked his butt off, all OTAs, since the first day he got here, since the day he got drafted. So he deserved everything he got this year and more. I truly believe that."

“Just tried to help him as much as I could. Learned a lot from him, as well. Just from a human being standpoint, he’s a great person, someone that I see a lot of myself in, so it’s great for me to be able to have a quarterback room like we did throughout the year.”

Lance added that he was impressed by how Purdy handled himself over the final stretch of the season.

“You can talk about throws all day. He can make every throw in the world, and he showed that throughout the year,” Lance said. “But just how he handled himself, the way he inserted himself in the offense, the way he was treating other people, really. He treated guys, first day in the building, on practice squad the same as Nick Bosa. So I think that says a lot about him as a person.”

Quote Originally Posted by HerdBot View Post
    Brock Purdy made $782,008. Not 70 grand. That was his signing bonus

Trey could be a great QB if he runs the same offense everyone else does. But they want to run a totally different offense since he is a freak athlete. If I was the 49ers, I wouldnt change an offense that is plug and play and got them to the NFC Championship for Trey. Thats dumb. If he cant run the same offense, he shouldnt be the QB.

Thats what they dont respect. It has nothing to do with Trey as a leader or QB
    Here's Colin Cowherd take on this situation.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sQImh3deRg4

Here's Colin Cowherd take on this situation.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/sQImh3deRg4
    It’s actually a really good take.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery