Page 217 of 339 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    SF could have cut Jimmy with absolutely no consequences. No cap hit, nothing.
    They would have lost an asset for nothing. Jimmy should have trade value and probably would have had trade value if not for the surgery. The QB market is in a weird spot now, so SF has to wait for a competitive team to lose a starter in order to cash in their asset (Jimmy G.). This is not about his cap hit. It is more about making another team better (by giving them Jimmy G) and not getting anything in return.

Herd is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Trey’s success (or not) will have nothing to do with Jimmy. Step away from all this small minded thinking.

Eastern foothills of the turtle mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    Trey’s success (or not) will have nothing to do with Jimmy. Step away from all this small minded thinking.
    They just kept another starting qb and 5 running backs.

So yeah I'm sure Trey is going to chuck the pigskin.

Lardsin must go!

oldmantutters is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    They would have lost an asset for nothing. Jimmy should have trade value and probably would have had trade value if not for the surgery. The QB market is in a weird spot now, so SF has to wait for a competitive team to lose a starter in order to cash in their asset (Jimmy G.). This is not about his cap hit. It is more about making another team better (by giving them Jimmy G) and not getting anything in return.
    They also kept Seattle from being able to sign him.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Herd View Post
    If Trey loses 2 games in a row, the knives will be out and all pointing at his neck, media, players everybody. Kyle Shannahan will replace him with Jimmy as the starter. He has a very thin margin for failure.

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    If Trey loses 2 games in a row, ...
    Good News: It's Bears and Seahawks.
    Bad News: 49ers fans expect to win both this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sicatoka View Post
    Good News: It's Bears and Seahawks.
    Bad News: 49ers fans expect to win both this season.
    I am not talking about the 1st two games,

If Trey loses 2 games in a row, the knives will be out and all pointing at his neck, media, players everybody. Kyle Shannahan will replace him with Jimmy as the starter. He has a very thin margin for failure.
    Yep, it's more complicated than "his success is in his hands". Sure hope Deebo doesn't drop a ball at the wrong time.
    http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/1500/gobisoncy9.gif

Quote Originally Posted by No_Skill View Post
    Yep, it's more complicated than "his success is in his hands". Sure hope Deebo doesn't drop a ball at the wrong time.
    Deebo had the worst preseason I think. He sat out most of the preseason due to contract issues. Once he received his money he was visibly slow on the field, and during the preseason game he could not run past Houston's 2nd team DBs. I think Deebo is not the same player we say last year. Trey should target other players and spread the ball wisely instead of looking for Deebo as his primary target.

Deebo had the worst preseason I think. He sat out most of the preseason due to contract issues. Once he received his money he was visibly slow on the field, and during the preseason game he could not run past Houston's 2nd team DBs. I think Deebo is not the same player we say last year. Trey should target other players and spread the ball wisely instead of looking for Deebo as his primary target.
    The excuses are already starting for Trey on Bisonville...color me shocked.

Already making excuses, lmao. It's Carson all over again. Talking about one of the best players in the league in Debo sitting out most of pre season? Tell me about all the stars in the NFL who even took a snap in the pre season? Then go ahead and tell me about how Debo played 1 pre season game for a few mins?
    Name one or two studs that actually played meaningful snaps in the preseason? Oh wait, are you just saying this cuz Trey was playing?
    Yep...you are.

Gotta have those baked in excuses if Trey doesn't do well. Like Carson, I'm sure we'll hear more of this bullshit if Carson doesn't perform in Washington. And if Trey struggles, (which would not be crazy for a guy who has limited NFL experience in meaningful games) I'm sure you'll be talking about how terrible Debo is, the O-Line is, the coach sucks, the org is fucked, etc...
    Thankfully for you, most people on this board live and breathe horseshit, so they will go along with you.