Page 17 of 339 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Dan Patrick show was discussing Trey and whether the Eagles would take a chance on another NDSU QB.
    They have Wentz and Hurts, would be beyond stupid

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    The Eagles will probably draft a QB in every round this year and then go get some high-dollar free agents who qualify for AARP senior discounts so they can save money on road trips.

And, as long as we're speculating, let's say that Ashlon Jeffries completes a route this year.... surely that means he'll be getting a four-year extension.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ndsubison1 View Post
    Unless, Phillip retires and Frank Reich and the Colts rescue Wentz.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

If you have a subscription to The Athletic, Jeff Howe did a good article on Lance https://theathletic.com/2235164/2020...-qb-nfl-draft/

My favorite lines:
    "Despite Trey’s pedigree and accomplishments, college recruiters were wary. He dreamed of playing quarterback for Minnesota, but the Gophers didn’t see it."

"Hedberg remembered being on a spring recruiting trip in Billings, Mont., when Trey called to commit toward the end of his junior year. “I’ll never forget,” Hedberg said. “You never forget where you were when the Twins won the World Series. I’ll never forget where I was when Trey Lance committed to the Bison. You knew he was going to be a special player.”"

"“We had a lot of fun competing,” Stick said. “He could make some throws where it turns your head a little bit. I wanted to make sure I was on my game and that it was clear and obvious I was the guy. He was that impressive.”"

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    The Eagles will probably draft a QB in every round this year and then go get some high-dollar free agents who qualify for AARP senior discounts so they can save money on road trips.

And, as long as we're speculating, let's say that Ashlon Jeffries completes a route this year.... surely that means he'll be getting a four-year extension.
    Sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bird View Post
    If you have a subscription to The Athletic, Jeff Howe did a good article on Lance https://theathletic.com/2235164/2020...-qb-nfl-draft/

My favorite lines:
    "Despite Trey’s pedigree and accomplishments, college recruiters were wary. He dreamed of playing quarterback for Minnesota, but the Gophers didn’t see it."

"Hedberg remembered being on a spring recruiting trip in Billings, Mont., when Trey called to commit toward the end of his junior year. “I’ll never forget,” Hedberg said. “You never forget where you were when the Twins won the World Series. I’ll never forget where I was when Trey Lance committed to the Bison. You knew he was going to be a special player.”"

"“We had a lot of fun competing,” Stick said. “He could make some throws where it turns your head a little bit. I wanted to make sure I was on my game and that it was clear and obvious I was the guy. He was that impressive.”"
    Love that quote from Stick.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by kab1one View Post
    Dan Patrick show was discussing Trey and whether the Eagles would take a chance on another NDSU QB.
    I would guess they were assuming a trade of Carson Wentz if the Eagles were to do that...

So, in those scenarios, are the Vikings better off trading for Wentz?
    Or positioning themselves to draft Trey Lance in the 1st round?

Quote Originally Posted by bruinbison View Post
    I would guess they were assuming a trade of Carson Wentz if the Eagles were to do that...

So, in those scenarios, are the Vikings better off trading for Wentz?
    Or positioning themselves to draft Trey Lance in the 1st round?
    Vikings end up with both Wentz and Lance... I don't know how it would happen, but a guy can dream.

But that would spoil my "Vikings get Wentz when he's 40 and he's their best QB since Favre" prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    Vikings end up with both Wentz and Lance... I don't know how it would happen, but a guy can dream.

But that would spoil my "Vikings get Wentz when he's 40 and he's their best QB since Favre" prediction.
    Wentz might end up in Minnesota after 10 years in the later part of his career like Moon, McNabb, George, McMahon, Favre...
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    Wentz might end up in Minnesota after 10 years in the later part of his career like Moon, McNabb, George, McMahon, Favre...
    If he doesn't start playing better this might be the latter part of his career.