Page 151 of 339 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

SafeTeeJ is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

San Fran should have won by 2 scores. Trey played well. Offensive holding alone killed 3 drives, and Coach Kyle pretty much put him on an island through out the whole game.
    "The bird is in your hand"

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Listened to much of the game via Sirius and the 49ers broadcast. They were very happy with Trey's performance today. He extended many plays and kept them in the game. They commented several of his throws were excellent. Most rookies don't come out on fire in their first NFL Z start.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Listened to much of the game via Sirius and the 49ers broadcast. They were very happy with Trey's performance today. He extended many plays and kept them in the game. They commented several of his throws were excellent. Most rookies don't come out on fire in their first NFL Z start.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I watched 75% of the game. He looked like a rookie; some good, some bad. My biggest worry, which was echoed by numerous "desk" national commentators is, like Carson, he has to learn to protect himself. An example, he had a play that broke down (49ers line was hot garbage yesterday) and he scrambles right and decides to run. Instead of going out of bounds and taking a 2 yard gain, he cuts inside for another yard or 2 and gets absolutely destroyed. (ie NFL QB kill zone) That was more worrisome than anything else I saw. Made a few outstanding plays, but also sailed some balls including a pick.

Quote Originally Posted by SafeTeeJ View Post
    San Fran should have won by 2 scores. Trey played well. Offensive holding alone killed 3 drives, and Coach Kyle pretty much put him on an island through out the whole game.
    totally agree.... I didn't like the play calling
    he's a rookie, more screens & roll outs, etc
    NDSU TO FBS. HAVEN'T WE WON ENOUGH?

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    totally agree.... I didn't like the play calling
    he's a rookie, more screens & roll outs, etc
    This thread will easily turn into the Carson thread within 3-4 weeks.
    Everything is someone elses fault, Carson and Trey are the 2 best QB's to ever play the game, but, it's either the O line, coaching, receivers, bad pre-game food, etc, etc, whatever. That is the only reason they struggle.

Trey is a rookie, so no need to make excuses for him. He'll learn as he goes. And could be quite successful.

Please try to keep the excuses on the Carson thread, where they belong and are way more funny.

I thought he played reasonably well. Made played with his legs but missed some throws... receivers dropped some balls (but also made some great catches). It seemed like the ball was really fluttering out of his hand which I think contributed to the drops as well. Something mechanically was off with him the way those passes were wobbling in the air. Would've been nice to see how the game would've played out differently if he didn't get stopped at the 6 inch line on that 4th down.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    This thread will easily turn into the Carson thread within 3-4 weeks.
    Everything is someone elses fault, Carson and Trey are the 2 best QB's to ever play the game, but, it's either the O line, coaching, receivers, bad pre-game food, etc, etc, whatever. That is the only reason they struggle.

Trey is a rookie, so no need to make excuses for him. He'll learn as he goes. And could be quite successful.

Please try to keep the excuses on the Carson thread, where they belong and are way more funny.
    I hereby petition to the all powerful Angry Elf to have your name changed to DownerDan.
    Insert something clever here...

ThunderDan is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    I hereby petition to the all powerful Angry Elf to have your name changed to DownerDan.
    I guess if not making ridiculous excuses for your heroes makes me a downer, then yes...I am a downer.

I'm sure Carson won't be in the HOF due to the fact he only played with bad teammates, had terrible no good coaches, pathetic organizations, the music was too loud in the locker room, his assistant messed up his dentist appointment, his dog farted at 3AM and woke him up.
    If only none of that happened, he'd be the next Tom Brady.

Like I said, the Trey thread will be the Carson thread sooner rather than later. Which is funny because he's a rookie, and no one should expect him to be great, but you all still make up the dumbest excuses for some reason as to why he may have struggled.

Lance did decent for his first start. Usually doesnt go well for rookies.

Snowgoose is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    her and grandma were nervous wrecks all week, all they worry about is him getting hurt and I was like HES 6 5 225 he'll be fine.

He was a little too hyped up today, but overall as a rookie in 1st start its a solid C.
    this isn't Indiana St, und players... its the NFL
    He won’t be fine if he keeps taking hits like the one at the goal line cause that was a huge collision.
    If it flies it dies.

Long for the days of freezing in the south stands of Dacotah Field.