Page 20 of 339 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
    I have questions about treys nfl readiness. Denver drafting him high would just confirm them. They can’t evaluate a qb for shit.
    He isn't ready and there isn't anything wrong with that. But Denver would draft him with the plan of him being a 2-3 year project, and then next year when they are out of the hunt they would play him, and if he didn't light it up immediately the fans and area media would turn on him instantly. Denver has some of the dumbest fans/people in the NFL when it comes to QB play.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyExtacy View Post
    He isn't ready and there isn't anything wrong with that. But Denver would draft him with the plan of him being a 2-3 year project, and then next year when they are out of the hunt they would play him, and if he didn't light it up immediately the fans and area media would turn on him instantly. Denver has some of the dumbest fans/people in the NFL when it comes to QB play.
    Unfortunately the trend has become, if a QB is taken in the first he's expected to play. Which is stupid, obviously. Especially for a guy with as little experience as Lance.

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    Unfortunately the trend has become, if a QB is taken in the first he's expected to play. Which is stupid, obviously. Especially for a guy with as little experience as Lance.
    Agreed. But there are a few exceptions where a high QB pick can sit as an understudy, i.e. Jordan Love in Green Bay. That type of situation would be ideal for Trey. Tampa Bay, Pittsburgh, Indy, Atlanta, and possibly Minnesota might fit that blueprint.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

... and the frenzy begins to gather steam...

Patriots: https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/20...bs-mock-draft/
    Panthers: https://theathletic.com/2317039/2021...ft-trey-lance/

Must be 'P' day.

If he does well at the combine I think it's very possible and even likely he is QB3 off the board. One or two teams will fall in love with his physical potential to be another Mahomes or Jackson and won't be able to sit in their slot and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by TAILG8R View Post
    If he does well at the combine I think it's very possible and even likely he is QB3 off the board. One or two teams will fall in love with his physical potential to be another Mahomes or Jackson and won't be able to sit in their slot and wait.
    I think Trey will put up some impressive numbers compared to his FBS QB competition at the Combine. Might be enough to leapfrog some of those guys.

steelbison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    I think Trey will put up some impressive numbers compared to his FBS QB competition at the Combine. Might be enough to leapfrog some of those guys.
    He’d better learn some accuracy. Didn’t have much I’m his game this year. Should have stayed for at least one more year of college. Name me a QB that played one year of college that ever amounted to anything in the NFL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus I’m hearing rumblings that there might not be a combine. Can anyone confirm? Under the current circumstances (1 game this season) I think it would hurt TL’s draft stock if there isn't, but who really knows. But again, it’s not like he had a season to stay for …

Quote Originally Posted by WhoRepsTheLurker View Post
    Plus I’m hearing rumblings that there might not be a combine. Can anyone confirm? Under the current circumstances (1 game this season) I think it would hurt TL’s draft stock if there isn't, but who really knows. But again, it’s not like he had a season to stay for …
    You are right: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...g-combine-week

They're discussing having next month, having it in April, or not having it at all (which I suppose would mean pro days would become important.)