Page 165 of 339 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by westnodak93bison View Post
    Duh. Cause the Twin Cities is the center of the universe.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    How true! Lived there for awhile and absolutely every world event had to have a Twin Cities connection. If that was not possible, then there was ALWAYS a Minnesota connection. It got very old after awhile. The whole dang world had to revolve around MN and particularly 'da cities'.

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    How true! Lived there for awhile and absolutely every world event had to have a Twin Cities connection. If that was not possible, then there was ALWAYS a Minnesota connection. It got very old after awhile. The whole dang world had to revolve around MN and particularly 'da cities'.
    This is the Minneapolis Star Tribune we’re taking about right? Can’t imagine why their coverage would be Minnesota and Twin Cities centric.
    I have the honor to be Your Obedient Servant - B.Aud

We all live in stories... It seems to me that a definition of any living vibrant society is that you constantly question those stories... The argument itself is freedom. It's not that you come to a conclusion about it. Through that argument you change your mind sometimes... That's how societies grow. When you can't retell for yourself the stories of your life then you live in a prison... Somebody else controls the story. - S. Rushdie

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by DakotaOkie View Post
    That's true of most cities. If you want national news go to the national news stations/shows. The local news will mostly cover local news and a lot of national stories include local connections. For example, our local news will mention medal counts at the Olympics, but focus on any athletes from the state, who attended college in the state, or played professionally in the state. When Greg Oden was drafted first in the NBA, the headline referred to him as a Lawrence North grad and not an Ohio State grad.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by El_Chapo View Post
    according to Star Tribune headline.. Trey didn't goto NDSU. #ButtHurt

Marshall's Trey Lance leads 49ers to win over Houston in 2nd career start
    I have to disagree, the Star Trib has had articles about NDSU many times, including articles NOT from the AP, but from their own writers.
    He went to Marshall and is a MN kid. Why does it matter if they mention his college from another state?
    Were they wrong with the headline? Was he not from Marshall, MN? People in the TC probably don't care he went to NDSU, but more so that he is a MN kid.

I don't see anything to be #ButtHurt about here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I have to disagree, the Star Trib has had articles about NDSU many times, including articles NOT from the AP, but from their own writers.
    He went to Marshall and is a MN kid. Why does it matter if they mention his college from another state?
    Were they wrong with the headline? Was he not from Marshall, MN? People in the TC probably don't care he went to NDSU, but more so that he is a MN kid.

I don't see anything to be #ButtHurt about here.
    I'm an NDSU homer, but he was only our quarterback for 1 year, and was a Marshall player for more than that.

DakotaOkie is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by bisonaudit View Post
    This is the Minneapolis Star Tribune we’re taking about right? Can’t imagine why their coverage would be Minnesota and Twin Cities centric.
    I was thinking more about TV news coverage. They tried just too hard to have a MN connection to every global event every day. Obviously, they should have local coverages and connections if relevant. Too many times the connection was irrelevant like the grandmother of someone that once visited the site of the news worthy item.
    Our local news does similar connections, just not every day.

Quote Originally Posted by PlrbrBison View Post
    I'm an NDSU homer, but he was only our quarterback for 1 year, and was a Marshall player for more than that.
    Correct, and also, the article was an AP article, all the Trib did was add the headline.

If Carson Wentz went to LSU, would an article from the Bismarck Tribune say, "LSU QB Carson Wentz leads 49ers over Houston in 2nd career start"
    Or would it say, "Bismarck's Carson Wentz"

Pretty obvious answer there.
    Nothing to be upset about with this headline.

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    ...When Greg Oden was drafted first in the NBA....
    Ugh, just ugh. I had successfully repressed that memory. Now this. Thanks a lot, Indy.
    Insert something clever here...

IndyBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by OrygunBison View Post
    Ugh, just ugh. I had successfully repressed that memory. Now this. Thanks a lot, Indy.
    Sorry. He was a great guy, but I never thought he was a great player. He attended the high school my kids attended. I remember seeing him a high school sophomore. Along with Mike Conley (all-time Memphis Grizzly scorer) they led the team to 3 straight state championships. He was big, but he didn't appear to have any basketball moves. Most of his points were on put backs or passes caught at the rim. He developed some in college, but still was mostly just a big guy. It's unfortunate he had so many injuries, because he may have been a serviceable NBA player. He's now starting at the bottom to try to have a coaching career.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sport...ba/5681575001/

OrygunBison is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by IndyBison View Post
    Sorry. He was a great guy, but I never thought he was a great player. He attended the high school my kids attended. I remember seeing him a high school sophomore. Along with Mike Conley (all-time Memphis Grizzly scorer) they led the team to 3 straight state championships. He was big, but he didn't appear to have any basketball moves. Most of his points were on put backs or passes caught at the rim. He developed some in college, but still was mostly just a big guy. It's unfortunate he had so many injuries, because he may have been a serviceable NBA player. He's now starting at the bottom to try to have a coaching career.

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sport...ba/5681575001/
    I remember looking at that decision between him and KD as #1 overall in the draft. On one hand, you had Durant. He was very young but he looked full of energy but a bit raw and really lanky. On the other hand was Oden. The dude looked like an old man already, not just in the face but with the way he moved and the speed at which he played. I never understood why people were surprised by his injury bug.
    Insert something clever here...