Page 31 of 339 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Also seems like the Pats would have to give up quite a bit to move from #15 up to a point where they could get Trey. Seems like the latest I've seen him going in any mock drafts over the last couple months has been #8. With as much as teams value those top 10 picks I'd think they've have to give up another 1st rounder to move up 7 spots or more.... not very Belichick-ian.

If he does fall to #15 and they take him I'm just going to stand out by the street and give everyone who passes a free kick at my nuts since it means the Vikings would've passed on him at #14 (if they don't trade out).
    Vikings draft a Bison ??? Only in some alternate universe.............

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    The scouts say there's almost no high end QB talent eligible for the '22 draft. Of course one or two will make big leaps this fall, like Burrow did last year, but there's nothing like Lawrence. It's been known he would be the first overall pick this spring for 2 and a half years.

I think Lance would have had a damn good shot at first overall next year if he balled out this spring.
    What's the upside though from being a round 1 guy this year, to first off the board next? Is the $ really that much different? Downside is going to a shit team next year vs landing in a better place to develop this year. That plus the risk of injury just doesn't make it seem like much of a reason to wait other than the bragging rights of possibly being #1 overall.

Hate to say it as a fan that only got to see 1 season, but from a business and career development perspective, Trey seems to be making all the right moves.

The upside is he gets paid one year earlier along with being able to focus on football full time without having to worry about school.

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post
    What's the upside though from being a round 1 guy this year, to first off the board next? Is the $ really that much different? Downside is going to a shit team next year vs landing in a better place to develop this year. That plus the risk of injury just doesn't make it seem like much of a reason to wait other than the bragging rights of possibly being #1 overall.

Hate to say it as a fan that only got to see 1 season, but from a business and career development perspective, Trey seems to be making all the right moves.
    It's OK to not be OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerhead View Post
    The upside is he gets paid one year earlier along with being able to focus on football full time without having to worry about school.
    Add this year's jacked up FCS season because of covid and it was a no brainer for the young man.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    Vikings draft a Bison ??? Only in some alternate universe.............
    They probably win Super Bowls in that universe.

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by tony View Post
    They probably win Super Bowls in that universe.
    Nope! Never! No way would/will that EVER happen in any universe!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by EC8CH View Post

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying he should have waited another year. While first overall is a nice bit better paid than say 7th, they're both life changing money. 4 years, fully guaranteed. over 10M for #32 all the way to 36M for number 1. Those numbers might be a little lower this year with the revenue decline, but even still. If he goes in the top 7 he'll likely sign a fully guaranteed 20-25 million dollar contract. And did I mention it's fully guaranteed? Waiting an extra year to start making money, plus injury risk, and likely going to a worse team at 1 overall is a bad, bad idea.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

49ers just made a massive trade to get the #3 draft pick. Early speculation is Trey Lance or Justin Fields. Interesting to note that Lance had his pro day whereas Fields has not. With the Falcons picking afterwards, I think we will likely see the 2nd top 5 pick for NDSU in 5 years.

Personally, I wanted Trey to fall to a team that wouldn’t have to sacrifice assets to get him, but can’t complain about SF too much. They will also likely be able to trade Jimmy G. for assets down the road.

gavin2126 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by HerdistheWord View Post
    49ers just made a massive trade to get the #3 draft pick. Early speculation is Trey Lance or Justin Fields. Interesting to note that Lance had his pro day whereas Fields has not. With the Falcons picking afterwards, I think we will likely see the 2nd top 5 pick for NDSU in 5 years.

Personally, I wanted Trey to fall to a team that wouldn’t have to sacrifice assets to get him, but can’t complain about SF too much. They will also likely be able to trade Jimmy G. for assets down the road.
    I was just coming to post about this. As a 49ers fan this makes me very excited and hopeful that they may draft Lance, but it could be Fields too so trying not to get to optimistic.

HerdistheWord is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by gavin2126 View Post
    I was just coming to post about this. As a 49ers fan this makes me very excited and hopeful that they may draft Lance, but it could be Fields too so trying not to get to optimistic.
    There is also a slim chance that Wilson falls or that the 49ers fall in love with Mac Jones. Interesting to note that Miami just traded their 12th pick to get Eagles 6th pick. Draft season is getting wild. Eagles are locking into Hurts.