Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GreenfieldBison View Post
    Yes, please...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    Yes, please...
    I doubt they would even have to aggressively move up.. Although I think KC has a pretty decent line. I am not sold on the Vikings Offensive line's pass blocking ability. (They seem to be able to make lanes for the running game however).
    The weather in Fargo keeps the undesirables out.....

...Which is why I live near the Twin Cities.

Quote Originally Posted by JMB View Post
    I doubt they would even have to aggressively move up.. Although I think KC has a pretty decent line. I am not sold on the Vikings Offensive line's pass blocking ability. (They seem to be able to make lanes for the running game however).
    Agree, I’ll be interested to see where Lance ends up on most draft boards by April...
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

As a Vikings fan I'd have no issue with them taking Trey Lance (as a few other QBs likely will be off the board by 10 that would even make sense) @10-14. Don't think it'll happen though. They need desperate interior line help. Bradbury is a bit of a concern on passing situations too many times he was just getting shoved back into Cousin's face. Not sure if that can be resolved otherwise. So I think they need to take and OL early along with DL. Our lack of depth showed with Hunter being out and pierce dude opting out hopefully that doesn't happen again and with the young guys getting some experience will help. As I've stated before with Lance not playing but 1 game this year I still think he needs 1-2 years behind someone to get up to speed. He's played one game in the last 365 days. Come this fall it'll be 1 in about 530 days or so. Due to the circumstances I don't think he'll be able to step in and play for someone right away, although I'm sure he'd give it his best shot if he had to.

Don't know if this year lends the opportunity to draft a QB or not. But with Cousins being what 32/33 now? Have to do it within the next 3-4 years IF you're planning on sticking with Cousins until typical QB retirement age say 37-38. If NOT then this year definitely makes sense. I still think if you accept Cousins as who he is, an efficient passer, needs time to make a decision, needs WR that are able to get open on their own and not necessarily be thrown open (which I think they have with Theilen and Jefferson Cousins problem is by the time they get open he's on the ground or running for his life), and not a scrambler play extender when pocket breaks down and say lets get him an O line that ranks in the top 15 even although top 5-10 would be preferable. You'd see dramatic improvement on his part, that's just my opinion though which should rank about as high as El Chapos. He's not going to go Brady/Rodgers/Mahomes and put people on his back and win games MOST of the time. But you get him up in the top 10-15, with a good oline and good running back (Cook fits) and a defense that doesn't give up 24+ a game he will "work". Make no mistake I don't put him in top 10 QBs of all time for sure But you wouldn't necessarily need that.

And now there’s this for Broncos fans...

https://milehighsports.com/trey-lanc...long-term-guy/
    Don't believe everything you think.

Has anyone heard where is he training or who is he training with?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

We can at least dream for a few more months. Even if Elway were to do that, he has no one to study under.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Denver would absolutely ruin him.

I have questions about treys nfl readiness. Denver drafting him high would just confirm them. They can’t evaluate a qb for shit.
    Undefeated vs UNI fans, BVille Libtards, Tony, Pulmonary Embolisms & Bad Vibes