Page 291 of 339 FirstFirst ... 191241281289290291292293301 ... LastLast
Results 2,901 to 2,910 of 3384

Thread: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

RonMexico is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Default Re: The NEW & IMPROVED Trey Lance Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I'm sure you've heard this quote.

If you meet an asshole in the morning, you met an asshole. If you meet assholes all day, you're the asshole.

You claim the locker room doesn't like him. IF that's true (no evidence has been provided) then why would it be better on another team? A different room of 52 strangers?

No shit they like Purdy. He took them to a conference championship. That is not evidence of any feeling toward Lance.
    All I am saying is I have seen multiple interviews of players this off-season talking about Brock Purdy and have seen almost as many players talking about how much they like Sam Darnold, but I haven't seen any players saying anything about Trey, good or bad. They just don't even mention him. From the outside looking in, it seems kinda strange that whenever they ask a player about the QBs, the only QBs those players mention are Brock Purdy and Sam Darnold. I'm not being an asshole, just making an observation.

Are you saying that it isn't strange that none of the players mention Trey when they are asked about the QBs?? Maybe they are and I'm not seeing it, but every clip I have seen with players talking about the QBs, none of them mention Trey.

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post
    All I am saying is I have seen multiple interviews of players this off-season talking about Brock Purdy and have seen almost as many players talking about how much they like Sam Darnold, but I haven't seen any players saying anything about Trey, good or bad. They just don't even mention him. From the outside looking in, it seems kinda strange that whenever they ask a player about the QBs, the only QBs those players mention are Brock Purdy and Sam Darnold. I'm not being an asshole, just making an observation.

Are you saying that it isn't strange that none of the players mention Trey when they are asked about the QBs?? Maybe they are and I'm not seeing it, but every clip I have seen with players talking about the QBs, none of them mention Trey.
    I dont find it very strange. He isn't the starter and he isn't new. Plus he's been out with a bad injury since week 2 of 2022. What are they gonna ask about lol
    College of Business Alumnus

BISONBRI53 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Sounds like a lot of locker room excuses... Sounds like the same excuses a different QB from NDSU is talked about... NDSU colored glasses... OUR guy HAS to be a starter or it is a bad locker room!
    BISONBRI53 [/FONT]

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by BISONBRI53 View Post
    Sounds like a lot of locker room excuses... Sounds like the same excuses a different QB from NDSU is talked about... NDSU colored glasses... OUR guy HAS to be a starter or it is a bad locker room!
    It is interesting that we have produced NFL caliber QBs, but none can win over a locker room (i.e. teammates singing their praises) or the media.
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by CalBison97 View Post
    It is interesting that we have produced NFL caliber QBs, but none can win over a locker room (i.e. teammates singing their praises) or the media.
    Winning over an NFL locker room is simple... just win on the field. Everyone in the Eagles locker room sang the praises of Wentz in 2017 when he was leading them a 12-2 record. Then in 2018-2020 things started coming out when the team started struggling - that wasn't a coincidence. This talk about the 49er locker room's attitude towards Lance is all speculative anyway but I imagine everyone knows what the franchise gave up to get him (3 first rounders) and there has to be some resentment towards him thinking what else they could've used those 3 premium picks for.

It's waaaay too early to get a read on Trey's NFL career - he's still only 22 years old (for a couple weeks). He'll get his chance to show what he can do either for the 49ers or someone else and if he wins he'll win over the locker room. If he doesn't he won't.

WeAreThePride is offline Senior DC Correspondent Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by RonMexico View Post

I'm saying that it's silly to claim that the 9ers locker room is toxic, or that he needs to get away from the veteran "haters," with no evidence at all.

Actually, screw evidence. Any justification of any kind for your claim. They praise Purdy, because they should. He's guided them to a lot of wins.

If Trey wants to be respected in the locker room, he needs to get healthy and ball out. Getting to another team is not the solution. The solution is to get your head down, learn the playbook, get healthy, and go win games. The NFC is wide open. San Fran is stacked with talent, and they'll add more tonight. If it doesn't work there, then where can it work?

CalBison97 is offline Senior Member Gets their mail at the West Parking Lot

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
    Winning over an NFL locker room is simple... just win on the field. Everyone in the Eagles locker room sang the praises of Wentz in 2017 when he was leading them a 12-2 record. Then in 2018-2020 things started coming out when the team started struggling - that wasn't a coincidence.
    What constitutes winning? Hurts definitely won over the locker room his first year in 2021.
    2017: 13-3 record; 33 tds/7 ints; SB win
    2018: 9-7 record; 2nd in division; 21/7; lost divisional rd playoff game
    2019: 9-7 record; 1st in division; 27/7; lost wildcard; finished 9th Comeback Player of the Year
    2020: 3-8-1 as starter and benched (Eagles 4-11-1); 16/15; traded
    2021 Hurts: 9-8 record; 16/9; lost wildcard
    Stand your ground, have a tough hide, roam wild and free, have a strong spirit, let the chips fall where they may.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreThePride View Post
    I'm saying that it's silly to claim that the 9ers locker room is toxic, or that he needs to get away from the veteran "haters," with no evidence at all.

Actually, screw evidence. Any justification of any kind for your claim. They praise Purdy, because they should. He's guided them to a lot of wins.

If Trey wants to be respected in the locker room, he needs to get healthy and ball out. Getting to another team is not the solution. The solution is to get your head down, learn the playbook, get healthy, and go win games. The NFC is wide open. San Fran is stacked with talent, and they'll add more tonight. If it doesn't work there, then where can it work?
    Oh just stop it. Just stop. Not a single player volunteered to practice with Trey during off season. He had to request college WRs from TCU to catch passes which is very strange if you ask me. Also comparing Trey to Brock or Sam is like comparing apples to oranges. Trey had a team with veterans standing on the side line, no CMC , and a very rusty Deebo Samuel because he sat out the entire off season due to contract issues. It is just not fair to blame Trey for not winning. Trey is like RG3 without becoming RG3.. He HAS to get shipped out of 49ers for his own sake. If he stays in 49ers he will never be a starter, he will be a lifelong backup at best

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    Oh just stop it. Just stop. Not a single player volunteered to practice with Trey during off season. He had to request college WRs from TCU to catch passes which is very strange if you ask me. Also comparing Trey to Brock or Sam is like comparing apples to oranges. Trey had a team with veterans standing on the side line, no CMC , and a very rusty Deebo Samuel because he sat out the entire off season due to contract issues. It is just not fair to blame Trey for not winning. Trey is like RG3 without becoming RG3.. He HAS to get shipped out of 49ers for his own sake. If he stays in 49ers he will never be a starter, he will be a lifelong backup at best
    What on earth lmao
    College of Business Alumnus

Quote Originally Posted by 123Gobison View Post
    If we concentrated on the really important stuff in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles"

When you play football, you gotta like the taste of blood, And 50 percent of the time, it's your blood.

It is characteristic of the unlearned that they are forever proposing something which is old, and because it has recently come to their own attention, supposing it to be new.

"The best way to get the right answer on the internet is not to ask a question; it's to post the wrong answer."