View Poll Results: Will a FCS Spring Season Happen?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 31.17%
  • No

53 68.83%
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: And so it begins.....you really think a Spring season happens?

Default Re: And so it begins.....you really think a Spring season happens?

After the election covid will completely dissapear from national conversation-the news wont even report on it.. it will be like the flu 80K die and we dont even think about it. If Trump wins the Blue states wont get bailed out and will have to reopen everything.. if biden wins they will get bailed out and they need to make bidens economy look good and they reopen.. now whether anyone actually cares about spring football remains to be seen.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    https://hornetsports.com/sports/fbal...20201015i09uoy

Here we go folks. I've been screaming at the top of my lungs NDSU and the Valley should have gone all in on Fall even if no 'chip, and here is the first domino in the cancellation of the Spring season.....
    One team folding the tent does not a season ruin; or do you think Cal Poly or Cal Davis will follow suit? If Poly or Davis throw in the towel, the Pig Sty Conference spring football season is in serious trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    One team folding the tent does not a season ruin; or do you think Cal Poly or Cal Davis will follow suit? If Poly or Davis throw in the towel, the Pig Sty Conference spring football season is in serious trouble.
    They are just the first to announce. I expect this by many teams in many conference due to both political and financial reasons.

Hot take: Posting politics in the football forum is more annoying than kneeling for the national anthem.

“StOp BrInGiNg PoLiTiCs InTo SpOrTs!!” Then look what you dumbasses do.

Right or left, Trump or Biden...I don’t give a shit. Keep all that crap out of here

Quote Originally Posted by southcliffbison View Post
    They've got 13 teams in that conference. They could lose all the Cali schools and Portland St and still have enough teams to play an 8 game round robin conference schedule. Other conferences like the Southland and CAA only have a 6 game conference schedule this spring. They've still got plenty of leeway.

Quote Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
    They are just the first to announce. I expect this by many teams in many conference due to both political and financial reasons.
    Is this question will the season be over before it starts, or will the season end?

Watching other games this fall I am glad we aren’t playing. It’s a farce

Quote Originally Posted by NDSU92 View Post
    Hot take: Posting politics in the football forum is more annoying than kneeling for the national anthem.

Right or left, Trump or Biden...I don’t give a shit. Keep all that crap out of here
    I second this big time, drifting further y further away from football

Quote Originally Posted by bajadanny View Post
    I second this big time, drifting further y further away from football
    How about we all try the "ignore it" approach, rather than the "make a big deal out if it every time its vaguely referenced" approach, which hasn't seemed to work too well for a while now.

Just a suggestion. Have fun, team.
    The Bisonville MASTERS Pool
    Winners - 2020: Vet70 | 2021: ND Gooch | 2023: Strategery

Quote Originally Posted by heffray View Post
    How about we all try the "ignore it" approach, rather than the "make a big deal out if it every time its vaguely referenced" approach, which hasn't seemed to work too well for a while now.

Just a suggestion. Have fun, team.
    Or neg rep folks; that is the purpose of it.

Is this question will the season be over before it starts, or will the season end?

Watching other games this fall I am glad we aren’t playing. It’s a farce
    Partial farce is way better than a complete farce......and those P5 schools are getting through the season even with the bumps in the road. Much, much worse not to try at all.